- Kendall Wright’s 2014 Fantasy Value, 3rd Year Wonder
- The Hottest Quarterback Competition Of 2014
- Atlanta Falcons Changes Impacting 2014 Fantasy Football
- Dallas Cowboys: Top 10 RBs on 2014 Schedule
- Minnesota Vikings Changes Impacting 2014 Fantasy Football
- 2014 Fantasy Football: Which NFL Rookies Should You Target?
Early 2014 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Round 2
I put together a first round 2014 mock fantasy football draft and got plenty of response from you about my selections. It has led me to move to the second round of the draft and see where some other players may fit in coming up this season. There are some trends that are developing and one of the most notable will show up during this round. Here is the second round of my 2014 early fantasy football mock draft.
11. Aaron Rodgers, QB- After having the last pick of the first round, a safe pick right here is Rodgers who threw for 2,536 yards even though he missed nearly half the season. He could very easily finish as a top-10 player in 2014 if he stays healthy for the Packers.
12. Josh Gordon, WR- Fantasy owners are going to pay for the huge 2013 season Gordon had and even though the Browns will have a new starter in 2014 probably, there is no reason to believe that Gordon can’t have another huge season.
13. Brandon Marshall, WR- The Chicago offense is focused on a connection between Jay Cutler and Marshall. He caught 100 passes last season with 12 touchdowns. Marshall could catch another 100 passes coming up in 2014 even with the emergence of Alshon Jeffery.
14. A.J. Green, WR- Green is a beast who caught 98 passes last season. There is a run of wide receivers happening in this round and owners need to be watching to make sure they don’t get caught at the tail end of one of these runs.
15. Eddie Lacy, RB- The Green Bay rookie rushed for 1,178 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2013. The return of Aaron Rodgers may temper his numbers some this coming year but he is still someone that must be taken at this point of the draft.
16. Drew Brees, QB- It may seem high to take Brees here but anytime you can get a quarterback who throws for nearly 5,000 yards a season, you take him. The Jimmy Graham situation is one to watch for however.
17. Demaryius Thomas, WR- Thomas has chemistry with Peyton Manning and has been targeted over 140 times in each of the last two seasons. He will likely see more of the same this coming year and is a solid top wideout choice.
18. Chris Johnson, RB- There are questions about Johnson and if he plays in Tennessee next season. He is still an elite running back though who played through pain in 2013 to rush for over 1,000 yards. He will be on a mission in 2014 wherever he plays.
19. Dez Bryant, WR- The fiery Dallas receiver caught 93 passes in 2013 with 13 touchdowns. He is Tony Romo’s go-to guy and is about a good of a pick as possible at this point of the draft. He could easily catch 110 passes in 2014.
20. Cam Newton, QB- The fourth quarterback off the board is the multi-faceted Newton. He threw for 3,379 yards and rushed for another 585 this past year. While his numbers were down, he will get back to numbers closer to 4,500 yards passing and rushing combined in 2014.