- 5 Best NFL Draft Fits
- Michael Sam to the New York Jets…Makes More Sense Than You Think
- What Should The Raiders Do With 5th Overall Pick?
- 2014 NFL Draft: Why The Browns Should Take Value Over Need
- With Chris Johnson in New York; Do The Jets Have NFL’s Best Ground Game?
- Why Jadeveon Clowney Should Go #1
Fantasy Football IDP Sleeper Greg ‘Stylez’ White
As I was putting together our Over/Under article for Defensive Linemen this week, I already knew one name that would be on that list. Tampa Bay’s Stylez White showed me enough in 2009 that I have ranked him at 19th going into 2010.
When I took a closer look at my expectations for White versus his ADP, I was astounded and quietly excited. As the 43rd defensive lineman off the board, that’s not only undervalued, but pure sleeper.
Stylez really blossomed after the team traded away the late Gaines Adams mid-season last year, and he put up decent numbers in a limited role; 6.5 sacks and 30 solo tackles. Simple math would dictate those numbers will rise this season
Below are a few more reasons why I see White as a legit 2010 fantasy football sleeper candidate at the anemic DL position.
Greg ‘Stylez’ White, DL – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
ADP: 568th overall – 43rd DL selected
- The Tampa Bay defense is going to spend a lot of time on the field in 2010. The team also has the league’s worst offensive line, and an offense packed with green talent.
- With a full season as a starter White may well put up a top 20 performance at DE, including double-digit sacks.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafted two defensive tackles to clog up the middle, meaning White should see greater opportunities around the edges and through the holes.
- Stylez has also been hard at work this off season getting himself ready, and has proclaimed himself to be in the best shape of his life heading into the 2010 campaign.
Summary: If White even comes close to achieving what I think he will in 2010, then he is being drafted a good 20 DL after his projected production value. With the added opportunities White should see in 2010, and a full season as the starting defensive end he is arguably the top sleeper at his position, based on his price tag versus his fantasy payday.
ADP taken from our friends at MyFantasyLeague.com