Who Is Your Favorite Player On Your Team?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Platoon 86, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

It's pretty basic: Who is your favorite player on your team?

This can be past or present, just name a player and say some things you like about him and why he's your favorite player.

Present - I'd have to go with Patrick Willis myself. He's just a beast. He was one of the rare exceptions of who I wanted on my team during the draft times and I'd say he's worked out pretty damn well for us. He's always all over the place, is a commanding presence on the field, and is very talented. It wouldn't surprise me much at all if he became a HOF. (assuming he stays healthy and continues playing well of course, which I think he will.)

Past - Pretty tough, seeing as we've had many talented players, but I'd go with Ronnie Lott. He was the very definition of a badass football player, was a key part of the team for 4 Super Bowl teams, and is an NFL legend. I also quite like Tom Rathman too, his style of play was great. Then of course, Young, Rice, Montana, and many others. :icon_cheesygrin:

So, go on, who do you like most on your team? :)

1 person likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Present: Tony Romo (bring it, haters!!!)

Past: Emmitt Smith

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Present: Haloti Ngata

All Time: Ray Lewis - this guy pretty much is everything I think a football player is supposed to be, and he's a big reason I began to follow the sport (Again: Bring it Haters!)

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Current is Ronnie Brown.

Of course the past is big Daniel Marino.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

current: do i really have to say :icon_cheesygrin:
    past: deuce

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hmmm...this is actually a tough question...

Present - I'd obviously go Hines Ward as my favorite, but since it's a given, I'll change it up and go with Heath Miller.

Past - So hard to decide it pretty much comes down to Terry Bradshaw, Rod Woodson, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham...any one of those players is a good pick imo. But I'll pick Bradshaw as my all-time favorite.

For craps and giggles...my favorite player from a team other than the Steelers. Joe Montana.

7. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

Present...... its a toss up...... Larry Foote and Calvin Johnson

Past..... no brainer there.. Barry Sanders

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Present: Dustin Colquitt....the only one who's consistently good. :icon_smile:

Past: tougher cause there are so many... Derrick Thomas, Priest Holmes, Marcus Allen, Rich Gannon...I could go on and on and on....

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Present: No clear cut favorite since Dawkins & Buckhalter are in Denver. It's between Sheldon Brown, DeSean Jackson, and Trent Cole.

Past: Dawkins. Much love to Byron Evans as well.

10. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Present- it's tough, I love Frank Gore but I think Willis is possibly gonna be one of the greatest when it's said and done. I'll go with Willis. His jersey is my gameday jersey.

Past- Rice hands down. He is the reason I became a 49ers fan.

11. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Bob Sanders now

Edgerrin James past

12. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Present ~ well it was Tony Gonzales, but right now im kinda searching, its a toss up between Bowe and Flowers.

Past ~ will always be Derrick Thomas. He made it fun 4 me 2 look forward 2 sundays.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

present desean jackson

past dawkins

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I'm going to use TJ's template.

Present: Easy-Eli Manning (bring it, haters!!!)

Past: The one, the only... LT

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Present- Hines Ward followed closely by Troy Polamalu

Past- Franco Harris followed closely by Jack Lambert

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This ^^^

17. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Now: Haloti Ngata

Then: John Constantine Unitas

I am old, so what?

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Really i would think you like him but favorite thats surprising

No TOBY!!!! ?

19. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Present -- Offensive -- Jason Witten. All around, stand up guy that can do it all.
    Present -- Defensive -- Demarcus Ware. All around, stand up guy that can do it all.

Past -- Offensive -- Emmitt Smith. All around, stand up guy that could do it all.
    Past -- Defensive -- Jim Jeffcoat. All around, stand up guy that did his job.

20. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Why would you be surprised? He's the most important player to the team, gets way to much bs and all he does is win. In the infamous words of TO... "he's mah quaterback."

TOBY... na, obviously a big fan, but not my fav., not even my fav. RB. Tuck is up there, Strahan used to be my fav. LT is the all time, with Simms a close second.