WR Michael Crabtree, 49ers Ready To Move Forward

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Michael Crabtree is signed and will be on the practice field this morning. He is also expected to take part - I'm told, reluctantly -- in a press conference to announce his arrival. The 49ers are expecting a two-week roster exemption, thus buying them some time before they are required to release a player to create a spot on the team's 53-man roster. The details of Crabtree's contract have not been made public, but keep in mind that the six-year equivalent of the five-year contract the 49ers offered him in late June would be $24 million total base with $18.2 million guaranteed.

Source: Pressdemocrat.com

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I want to see the new numbers...

I hope they hecked him...

3. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

i heard on dan patrick show that they gave him the exact contract they offered him at the beggining no penalties. Dont know if theres any truth to that seeing there source came from mike florio at pro football talk. meaning he did not lose a cent.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

From what I understand it's a 6year contract. At 11:45 calif time they are having a press conference at 49ers headquarters.
    Here's the live feed...
    Crabtree Press Conference LIVE

It will also be on ESPN in a few minutes...

5. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

LOL @ the Niners then. Tried to play hardball but gave in at the end. This is just going to enchourage more players to try this in the future.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not if there is a rookie cap and you don't know that the Niners caved...lol...

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

There's a report out that he didn't lose anything.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

How is that caving? The Niners stuck to their position, Crabtree was the one that wanted to be paid top 5 money, or at the least Bey money. He got neither. His deal slots favorably when comparing it to the other deals. So the Niners just gave him slot money which is what he would of gotten all along, maybe they got an extra year because of the holdout, but the Niners didn't lose in this.

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

They said they would take $200,000 or $250,000 off the table per missed game. That sucks if they didn't do it.