Giants Eli Manning Named One Of Most Overrated By SI

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Oct 7, 2009.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I used to think Eli was overrated, I've since changed my tune.

1 person likes this.
  2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Eli is overrated. I give him credit for being able to stay on the field, for handing off well, and for improving on his turnover prone ways somewhat BUT he is still incredibly overrated. I fully expect that to get fixed somewhat once they start getting into the meat of their schedule this year.

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

"He ain't heavy, he's my my brother." It is all perception. Peyton is Peyton. Eli is Eli. They will always compare the two and the rest of the league's top QB's. One is really, really good, does commercials, gets exposure, and won a SB. One is really good, does not get the exposure that his brother gets, and won a SB. As John Lennon would say "Imagine" how much more money Peyton could have made in endorsements if he played in the Media Capital Of The World. I got into an argument the other day over Eli, and the guy said to me take away Eli's SB ring. I said I can not take away the Ring, that is what justifies the conversation. It is all perception and opinion. The meat cutter walked away after the word conversation.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Pretty sure this was done in Week 2 so they were probably judging these players without much info from this season. So this season's stats aren't really that relevant.

At the time Eli was one of the more overrated players, he got a really big contract and never really had a great year, this year may be different but it's only 4 games.

Favre gets all this hype and he pretty much fell apart late in the season for the Jets and was getting all kinds of credit for the Vikings wins even though it was AD who carried the team.

Romo and TO are self explanatory.

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

thats all this is, is hate. The dumbest poll ever, at least with the results..

#1 is most definitely Reggie Bush. just my opinion.. they got Urlacher on there too, Big Ben over-rated when all he does is win? Same with Eli.. they don't know how to lose. Brett Favre and T.O's stats back up that they're definitely not. [terrell not so much this year]. Let's have a poll on GIF to see who is the most under-rated, with everyone being honest.. and it will looks 30 times different then what this one does.

1 person likes this.
  6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

What did he do after that?

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

dont know how to lose? We made eli look silly in the playoffs and our second game last year.

8. Inclulbus

with no mention of the first time eagles and giants played last year. So he loses two games to the eagles, and he's over-rated?? lol.. gtfo with that crap. We made him look worse then what Eagles did in our 2nd game, but im not saying top 4 over-rated player in the league. That's ludacris. 50 Wins in his short career as a QB, including playoffs. 50 out of 77, isn't too bad.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yea but thats because the orginization puts good talent around him. Look at the amount of rushing yards per year by the team every year hes been the qb. Will i admit he could be a good game magager yea but giving him top money and putting him with the likes of brady and peyton. HELLLLLLLLLLLLL no

10. Inclulbus

lol so you're now hating on him cause he got paid? A good game manager, should not be top 4 in the most over-rated in the NFL. Regardless of how you put it. He has honestly stepped his game up to a new level each year, and is only getting better. Their run game is good, I agree.. but he still makes the plays when he has had too time in, and time out.. i've seen it with my own two eyes unfortunately.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The fact is he is a game manager who hands off ALOT to one of the best rushing offenses in years.... this is not gonna change anytime soon and therefor even IF he wins several more superbowls (which he won't) MANY will always consider him an inferior QB because he rarely wins games by throwing the ball.