Bears QB Jay Cutler Mum On Terrell Owens Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Oct 14, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If Jay Cutler's salivating at the thought of passing to Terrell Owens, he wasn't about to let the public in on it. The Chicago Bears quarterback refused to say Wednesday whether he'd like the team to acquire the flashy and controversial receiver from Buffalo. Asked what he would say if Bears management approached him about Owens, Cutler responded: "I don't think they're going to. I think they'll do that upstairs" and when asked if he's texted or tweeted Owens, Cutler simply said he doesn't know him.

Source: Associated Press

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

He said he doesn't know him. How is that being "Mum"?

3. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

I really hope that this doesn't happen. That's all I gotta say about this.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Bears adding Owens, I can see that happening. 4th Rounder for him, he would fit in nice with their current group of WRs.

5. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I actually thought this was going to be quoting his mother

1 person likes this.
  6. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

The Bears WR actually have been playing well overall so far. Bennett and Knox have emerged as legit targets and Hester has been pretty good too. Now granted none of those guys are a true #1 WR. To me the concern is on the defensive side of the ball. But.........if they could really get TO for only a middle round pick then I guess I would learn to live with it. Maybe if they made the deal you'd just figure with the defense not quite in championship form they figure the offense needs to be even better.

Having said all that, I still don't believe for a second that this will happen.

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

lmao

and ya the bears don't have a true #1 wr but they still won't have one if they trade for t.o.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This better happen

9. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Of course he is being quiet about it. He can't say "Yeah baby!! Finally a real wr I can throw to!!" or "No way, I'm the resident prima donna here" (joke).

T.O. to da Bears would be great, I just hope they don't give up too much for him since his act wears thinner faster than Will Ferrell's career.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Great job by Cutler for not giving the media anything good to write about, lol.

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yea, the headline should have read "Cutler doesn't take the bait"

Make those reporters go somewhere else to fabricate the 'news'.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

I understand everyone from the media has a job to do but theres no rule that says you have to tell them jackcrap.

13. DaBears22

Agreed. It's in his best interest and that of the team to say nothing at all about the matter. Cutler's mouth has gotten him in trouble before and trouble is the last thing Da Bears need right now.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if the bears didn't sign T.O. as a free agent, why would they give up draft picks AND pay him a high salary just a few months later?

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Two words, Drew Rosenhaus.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

drew rosenhaus is going to make the Bears suddenly fall in love with T.O. when they didn't want him just a few months ago? um, i think he's good at his job but he's not THAT good............

17. DaBearsrule4ever

T.O. is playing for a head coach right now that is clueless on how to use players. Trading T.O. makes sense for the Bills but I don't see them doing that.

18. DaBears22

T.O. is the best offensive weapon the Bills have. They get rid of him they might as well consider themselves the 2009 version of last years Lions even though they have a win already.

19. DaBearsrule4ever

Yup, agreed... It's too bad he's being wasted in twinky Jauron's offense. Then again, playing for twinky Jauron is a waste of time, period.

20. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

So says the guy who's team is coached by Lovie Smith!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_eek: