Do You Think Desean Jackson Is Pro Bowl Caliber Reciver?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by ball in the baskett, Nov 2, 2009.

?

desean a probowler or no?

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Do you think hes a pro bowl reciver

he has 500 yards and 4 tds so far this year and a couple special team touchdowns.Every one of his TDs were deep balls as well. Do you think he will get recognized by the fans and get a vote or no?

2. cris80

cris80 comic relief

I don't think he makes it this year, unless he blows everyone else's numbers out of the water. He's definitely got talent, and might make a case for himself for next year with continued good performance.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The problem for me is that ALL his touchdowns are deep balls. He either catches for 50 + or for 5-10 or not at all. He's kinda an anomaly... he certainly isn't your prototypical pro bowl receiver... having said all that if he keeps up all these big plays week in and week out I would have to say yes, he is.
    I kinda hope he doesn't though. I want him to stay hungry and as humble as possible. I don't wanna see him growing into a little diva snitch that many thought he was predraft

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Well who else is in that conference? Off the top of my head:

Fitz and Calvin obviously
    Jennings likely
    Steve Smith a maybe w/ name recognition
    Harvin's making a case for himself too...
    I'd say he'll make it if a couple of those guys decline.

I'm probably forgetting somebody painfully obvious though.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think miles austin might get it cause of his couple big games. Also hes on the biggest bandwagon team in the nation so the fans will vote for him.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You have a point with the fan base.... Miles Austin is FAR from a pro bowl receiver at this point but that hasn't stopped Cowboy's from making the pro bowl in the past. Speaking of.... why are we talking about something as stupid as the pro bowl anyway? Now that it's not in Hawaii it's a complete and total sham.

7. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Marquees Colston is looking really good again too.

8. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

That's who it was I was missing. :whoosh:

9. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

If his production stays consistent I would say he'd deserve to go, but deserve often doesn't play a role in Pro Bowl voting - if it did they'd move the voting back like 5 weeks and present statistics on the ballots.

10. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Micheal Crabtree:icon_smile:

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

why do teams allow him to get behind them after 25 yards?

yes hes talented enough and hes on a team where he will get enough votes even if someone else should go instead.....i love the little guy though, hes bailed me out a few times this year

12. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Yes.

13. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Wouldnt see why he wouldnt be, dude is a monster.. Dasean " The Jumper " Jackson, cause before the play you see him, and after the play.. well.. you never saw him. Or so it appears, dude is to quick to maintain.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

short answer... yes...

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Colston. Roddy White.

It isn't DeSean's fault this team is a boom or bust offense. Plus, there are plenty of other targets on the team like Celek or Maclin who will face more one on one coverage because of Jackson's ability, so... oh well. He'll have to do a little more to make the Pro Bowl. And he wouldn't play in it anyways, he'll be preparing for the game that goes on a week after the Pro Bowl.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Dumas

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he's got another year or so. The problem I see is his competition in the conference. However, he's a baller and he'll wind up on a Pro-Bowl roster at some point during his career...

18. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I think he will be high in fan voting because for a lot of fans all they see of him is the highlights from the long TDs. I think he is still a year are so away from getting the players to vote him in. Austin would need to have around 150 yards and 1 TD per game to have a chance at the Pro Bowl, so I do not see it happening.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

wow, i'm shocked at the voting on this one. desean jackson is nowhere near a probowler as a wide receiver. steve smith (nyg), marques colston, roddy white, and larry fitzgerald clearly should be the 4 nfc receivers if the season ended today.

i'm not sure we can say desean has even done as much for his team this year as miles austin, sidney rice, donald driver, devin hester, and nate burleson so i'm not sure we can even say he's clearly in the top 10 of most valuable receivers in the NFC.

what games are you guys watching this year?

the pro bowl DOES take a kick returner but desean doesn't return kickoffs and isn't even the best punt returner in the NFC.

this is a bizarre thread and i'm not sure why everyone is ignoring everyone else in the NFC that are MUCH more deserving of a pro bowl nod ......... very strange.

20. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

CaptainStubing welcome to the site you must be new here, look at who started it. BitB knows that McNabb is going to retire soon and so he has started to move his man love over to Jackson.