NFL Players You've Met

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by cover the spread, Oct 14, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

That picture was taken in Tampa @ SB XXXV. I was the Visa 2001 Baltimore Raven Ultimate Fan. I had just finished an interview with ESPN and spotted Bill outside. If you look closely behind Bill, he has his golf clubs and waiting for his ride to the golf course.

2. MRAVEN

MRAVEN 1st Stringer

Bert Jones
    Lydell Mitchell
    Roger Carr
    Johny Unitas...signed my hard hat
    Peter Boulware...signed my hard hat
    Tory Holt
    Orlando Pace
    Mark Rypien...signed a napkin at New Years Party
    Todd Heap...kissed him on a post game show...live
    Tony Siragusa...signed my hard hat...talked with him at his restaurant in NJ
    Jack Del Rio...signed my hard hat
    Brian Billick...signed my SB 35 ticket
    Art Modell....did some work at his house
    Lenny Moore....@ the recent KC game
    Eddie George....
    [​IMG]

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i once met a bunch of cowboys players and got thier autographs at a charity event in texas and my father in law was in charge of their securoty and got eat dinner with them

tony dorsett, robert newhouse, tony hill, drew pearson, too tall jones, calvin hill, lee roy jordan and i cant remember the rest i got to look at my stuff

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Who the heck is that with Eddie George?

5. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

great stories and pics so far

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

If getting autographs counts then I've also met Larry Johnson and Jackie Battle.

Got them both to sign a Wilson Football.

No pictures though, just the football.

7. dpn

dpn 18to44

Jim Harbaugh
    Jeff Saturday
    Marvin Harrison
    Tony Ugoh
    Ryan Diem
    Charlie Johnson
    Ryan Lilja
    Does Tony Dungy count? He did play for the Steelers.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Len Dawson at a charity auction in the 70's and Matt Leinert when he was on Pump #5 and I was on Pump #6 at Shell station.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

did i ever mention that i hate name-droppers?

10. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

I've met Cornelius Bennett, Ray Bentley, Carlton Bailey, Andre Reed, Steve Tasker, Don Beebe, Seth Payne. All of them were promotional signings, never had the opportunity of hanging out with a player.

11. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

STORY TIME!!!!!!!!

12. dpn

dpn 18to44

Oh Yeah, I forgot one. Bart Starr

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Should add it to your public profile and eharmony account.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

great idea. done.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Ken Stills, Alex van Pelt, Akili Smith (cocky butt btw.), Corey Ivy, Jake DelHomme, J.T. O'Sullivan, Skip Hicks, Woodrow Dantzler and alot of prospects who didn't finally made it

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

awesome :bowdown:

16. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I used to take kegs to Aaron Brooks when I lived near the UVA campus.

17. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Franco Harris, Jeff Reed, and Scott Paxson (met him at a bar on my bday. Bought me and a bunch of my friends shots).

Also met Bill Cowher at a girls Fox Chapel basketball game.

18. PoohBear

PoohBear Rule Beartannia!!

I received Alex Brown's autograph on my hat after the Bears 2005 preseason loss to the Rams in STL. This was the game where Grossman went down making Orton the starter.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:beersign:

20. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Quite a few at NFL experience parties. (seen a ton more up close there)

Todd Heap
    Boomer
    Bruce Smith
    Cornelius Bennet
    Some Cin WR from the ninetys whose name I can't remember
    Anthony Miller (coolest dude in the world!)

My favorite story-

I live in Utah. I worked for a few summers at my Grandpa's gift shop at the Great Salt Lake. Dinky little store (all of 200 sq. feet) that was a converted old boat floating in a dirty pond next to a stinky butt lake. Not exactly where you would expect to see an NFL player.

A BIG dude walked in to the boat and I could tell he was loaded (blinged out with a SMOKIN hot woman with him). He was totally decked out in Patriots SB champs gear (this was a few weeks after they beat St Louis), so I figured he could have been an NFL player but had a hard time believing that I would see one there.

Anyway, they hung out there for about a half an hour, I told them the history of the building we were next to, told them about the geography of the lake and how it was formed, the biology of the area, etc. So he buys a couple trinkets for 20 or 30 bucks and pulls out his check book, and at the top it said "willie mcginest". Told my grandpa he should frame the check in the store instead of cashing it.

Thought that was pretty cool