AFC Wildcard Race

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Crowned, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Ravens 8-7
    Jets 8-7
    Texans 8-7
    Steelers 8-7
    Broncos 8-7
    Dolphins 7-8
    Titans 7-8
    Jaguars 7-8

What are your thoughts on the race? This one will go down to the end. Who are your 2 teams you are picking? I will continue to update the standings in this thread throughout the remainder of the season.

My choices: Steelers & Texans

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I agree with you.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The Dolphins could make a run at it but I would agree with the crowd thus far.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That week 17 matchup in Miami when the Steelers travel to take on the Dolphins could be a pivotal game.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I wanted to go with the Phins, but without Ronnie I don't see it.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Do you forget we have Ricky? Who is running like there is no tomorrow, because for him, there really isn't since he is going to retire.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No I haven't forgotten about Ricky, but the dynamics of having them both on the field is just so much better.

And again, I should have went with the Phins against Carolina.

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Chiefs are making a run now 2 :icon_cheesygrin:

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Don't go getting carried away now dude...

:icon_wink:

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Hey i predicted that we would win the West, so i guess your right. no Wild Card 4 us.

11. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I could see the phins picking up a wild card. They might not have brown but Ricky is picking up the slack.

Both of them might be better but just becuase brown is out doesnt mean phins are out...... Ricky turned up the heat against carolina and I doubt he will stop.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if you take the broncos out of the equation, which i think is safe to say, the rest of the teams are going to have a chance to settle this thing on the field. all of the teams on the list, other than the broncos, have at least 2 games, and in some cases 3, against the other teams on this short list. if a team wins both or all 3 of those contests, not only will they be separating themselves in wins and losses from their opponents, but they will hold the all-important tiebreakers.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Nice breakdown Cap'n.

I missed your picks though.

14. CaptainStubing

Here are the 6 match-ups I mentioned that will pretty much decide the afc wild card picture as long as the broncos continue to fall:

Dec 13 Miami @Jacksonville
    Dec 27 Houston @ Miami
    Jan 3 Pittsburgh @ Miami
    Dec 6 Houston @ Jacksonville
    Nov 29 Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
    Dec 27 Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Like Crowned said, the Jan. 3rd game against the Steelers and Miami may be for the final playoff spot depending on how everything else shakes out.

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So you're taking them all except for the Donkeys?

16. CaptainStubing

hahaha. you're beginning to notice, aren't you? i rarely make predictions. if you ever see me make a prediction, i sincerely believe in it and there's logic behind it. I am not one to just throw crap against the wall hoping it will stick.

i will make observations about different ways i can see things playing out but i will rarely, if ever, make a guarantee about something because none of us can predict the future and the nfl is way too unpredictable anyway.

i rarely bet on football either for the same reason. i will lay a bet on football about every 5 years when i'm about as certain as i can be of something in sports. i'm not one who thinks i know how everything is going to play out.

17. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Jags and Chargers, I'm dxoing some sleepers here

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's all for fun dude, I was just giving you some good natured ribbing.

:icon_cheesygrin:

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Chargers own the division kiddo.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

dolphins steelers