Mike Holmgren Wants Seahawks GM Job

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Mike Holmgren, appearing on his weekly radio show on KJR-AM 950 on Friday, made it crystal clear he's interested in speaking with the Seattle Seahawks about their now-open general manager's position. "Absolutely I would like to talk to them," Holmgren said on the Dave "Softy" Mahler show. "I think I'd made it pretty clear I'd like to go back to work after this season. I didn't know where. "This is a bit of a surprising development in Seattle, but this is an opening. I've also said the people and the team have to want you, the situation and opening have to be right. So I've tried to keep an open mind and not get too emotional about it. "This is not news. Everyone in my family is there and I have a strong attachment to the city and my time there. But I also know things change. You never know. The organization has to feel you're the right fit and things. So I'm keeping an open mind. "I'd like to talk to Paul (Allen) and Tod (Leiweke) and anybody else. If the fit is right, who knows?" Holmgren said whatever job he lands this coming season, he wants an active role, no matter what title is given.

Source: Seattlepi.com

2. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i think that they would do awesome, if they were 2 get this done.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He wants it, and he shall get it.

4. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

hells yes

5. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

lmao at this he was coach and gm for the seahawks and did a crapty job when the owner stripped him of those duties.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Him being coach and GM is what didn't work, as a GM I think he can be quite good as long as that's where he stays.

7. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Holmgren will get the GM job and look to see Holgren bring back Darell Jackson 82
    ( Holmgren drafted Darell Jackson)

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yeah Jackson was so good that they traded him to us. :rolleyes:

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Can you not read his user title Sweets?

EXPERT

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol

Holmgren wanted to be HC and GM at GB too but the Packers denied his demands. Well, we got Mike Sherman for those 2 jobs back then..... :bad:

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

...lol seriously? Seriously? Okay so let's say he does that. do you really expect Jackson to do that well?

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This is the same guy who thinks Vick is the future of the Eagles Platoon. As for Holmgren, he can succeed because he is happy in Seattle.

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Besides one or two teams, every other team would benefit with Holmgren at the helm. Dude knows his stuff.