Falcons Fans Chant 'We Want Vick' By Game's End

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Dec 6, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A day that started with a parade of boos for the once-disgraced Michael Vick ended with fans in Atlanta chanting in support of the man who scored his first TD in almost three years. Vick, booed lustily early in his return to Atlanta, scored a rushing TD and threw a passing TD in the Eagles' 34-7 win against the Falcons. By the end of the game, fans chanted "We want Vick! We want Vick!" for the quarterback who was once the face of the Falcons' franchise. "I'll never forget coming back to this stadium," Vick said, via the AP. "I'll never forget the bus ride over here today and I'll never forget seeing a lot of the landmarks I used to see and I'll never forget shedding a tear on the bus ride over here. I took that ride every Sunday coming in."

Source: USA Today

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If your a falcons player you have to feel like thats spitting in your face.

sure cheer before the game but to cheer when they score a TD against YOUR team ridiculous

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah that's pretty crapty.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Arthur Blank is creepy. Give me the heeby jeebies.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Take that Matt Ryan!

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Bullcrap move by the fans. Welcome him back if you want to but when your team is getting their asses handed to them they don't want to hear the fans chanting an opponents name.

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Don't play like crap and you won't get treated like crap. Is it defendable? No. But this team has been hyped up because of Matt Ryan, who has been playing far below expectations this season, and suddenly, people start to notice....maybe it wasn't Vick's fault after all that this franchise is struggling. The weakpoint always has and continues to be the defense. Do something about this please Dimitroff, Blank,Home Depot, somebody.

8. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Im not suprised at all by the Allanta Fans chanting " WE WANT VICK", He took them to the playoffs and even won there Division, There are people out there like myself that understand that Vick made a BIG MISTAKE but has done his time and they like myself have forgiven him.

His time under Mcnabb is really paying off, he has a great arm and I can tell that he has improved on his accuracy, and is becoming a better pocket passer.

Although I would be worried if I was Matt Ryan because the Falcons " COULD" bring Vick back " IF " they wanted to but I dont think that the Falcons would but stranger things have happened. I wish Vick the Best.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This is pretty damn crazy if you ask me. To cheer for a player before a game is one thing, but during a game when he is helping to stomp your team is another.

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

what's ridiculous is booing the guy before the game and then during the game chanting you want him back because he scored a couple of td's?...and what else has he done this year?? nothing....they put him into the gameplan only because he was in atlanta, which is spitting in the team and fans face, and the fans looked like stupid hypocrites booing then cheering like donkeys. this makes the fans look terrible

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I think that's a rule in the NFL.

If you win your division you go to the playoffs.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Atlanta sports fans are some of the strangest indeed .........................

13. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

That 'new' breed of fans that just like doing things to be contrary & stir the crap.

They're all over the place. F'n idiots...

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yup, thats pretty sad. Seems like Falcon fans have fotgotten about Matt Ryan already.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol, they would stop cheering Vick, if he would come back to Atlanta and suck. He's a nice backup, but nothing more

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

that was the single most pathetic display by a fanbase i have ever seen.

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If the Falcons would not have even drafted a QB in the 2008 draft, that franchise would probably would be what it was in 2007.

18. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

The entire crowd did not boo Mike Vick, and the entire crowd did not chant "We Want Vick"

Stop stereotyping an entire fan base.

Atlanta will always be the most divided city on this issue for several reasons. One being, and I've said it before and will say it again, Atlanta is pretty much recognized as the "black capital" of the US, and having a "black hero" meant something to the people of Atlanta who were black as well, to see his whole life go down the drain, and the franchise they love and support so dearly, it hurt. Then you have the old school people (like my uncle) who sit here and say things like "well why does the white kid have to save this franchise?" And that would have gone for ANYONE who came in to replace Vick, not just Matt Ryan. At the same time, you have the people who resented Vick and everything he did, when he finally made a mistake, they buried him, and that's why he'll never return, those people, regardless if Jesus came down himself and said, "look, stop, let him play", would not accept him back into the ATL. That's just the way it is.

Had Chris Redman started in 07, we sure as hell wouldn't have been 4-12, a majority of that was because we had no QB. Joey Harrington is a joke, and Byron Leftwich can't stay standing. Redman went 2-2 in his four starts against some pretty good teams IIRC. Had he been the starter for 07, we wouldn't have had the pick to even draft Matt Ryan.

As far as Matty Ice himself goes, I like the guy, but he's been madly inconsistent, even in 08, he had some inconsistent stretches. This team has carried us moreso than Matt has (now he has made some AMAZING plays, see 08 vs. Chicago for example), but Michael Turner, Jerious Norwood, Roddy White, and a now legit O-line have held this team upright (pun not intended). And you see when one of them goes down how this team goes into a downward spiral.

Regardless, no one can win consistently with this joke of a defense. Please Blank, cut the entire defensive backfield. Cut Brent Grimes, resign him, then cut him again.

19. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

on the plus side it majes draft day alot funner :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm not really surprised he got cheered, ATL still has a lot of love for Vick so when did well cheers will come

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, blazer, i agree that the debate on Vick is a little bit unique because of demographics but Atlanta fans are strange, dude.......... this is the same city that doesn't even sell-out playoff baseball games. atlanta fans are very strange, very finicky...........