Cowboys Win Officially Eliminates The Falcons

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Dec 19, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Falcons were eliminated from NFL playoff contention Saturday night when Dallas beat the Saints 24-17. The Cowboys (9-5) can finish no worse than 9-7 and own the tiebreaker over the Falcons (6-7) due to their victory over Atlanta. Atlanta started 4-1 this season, but have lost six of its last eight games as injuries to quarterback Matt Ryan and running back Michael Turner have cost the team dearly.

Source: Atlanta Journal Constitution

2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Already knew this.....I just want us to win out and end this horrible, horrible streak

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

You guys are still a far cry from 2007

Three steps forward, one back sometimes

4. AtlantaBlazer

As odd as it sounds, I'm happy about this year overall. The main reason being because I believe we have the right coach for this organization. This team runs off Mike Smith, his intensity, his will, and his toughness drives this team, I would love for him to be the guy to bring this franchise it's first set of back-to-back winning seasons, and it'd be perfect if he did it is first two years..

The 2007 team wasn't necessarily horrible, it was just a shock filled season with a terrible QB (I've always said that if Redman started all season, we would not have finished 4-12). The only plus is that we never would have gotten Matt Ryan had we done better than 4-12. I will forever stand by this team and franchise.

My only gripe would be the fact that we started 4-1, and that Matt Ryan needs to be a little more consistent.(and this defense is atrocious)

5. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

and i was wanting 2 see TG win a playoff game.

6. AtlantaBlazer

He will. Next season.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Looking back at 2008, it really shouldnt shock people. This was a team that was already built to win with Vick

But......a running team with no QB, the main HB being over the hill, and a college coach (and a heckhead at that), a franchise in shock......not a winning combo

Enter, Ryan, Turner, Smith and a new culture.......winning football

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Was Zimmer the D-Cord last year?

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

sophomore slump? naw, tough scheduel, injuries and not pulling it together down the stretch. this team is going to be fine.

9. AtlantaBlazer

If I remember correctly he was. But I do agree with your assessment, having what was basically a 3rd RB helped sustain Warrick's career (who is definitely on my list of favorite players of all-time) a little further than it would have gone on any other team. This franchise had some rough patches with the end of the Mora era and the very short Petrino (also known as douche) era. I like what we have in this coach and in this core, I like our 3-headed rushing attack, we just need a compliment to Roddy White, as we'll have our slot guy in Harry Douglas upon his return

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you are correct. they appear to have a good foundation of players in place and a good HC. and i think Ryan is fine, defenses just made some adjustments on him and he needs to keep growing to get better than them again. and, yes, the defense is atrocious but it was atrocious last year also. if the rookie hadn't gone down, it would have helped them a lot.

agreed on all counts. the only thing i would add is ryan needing to improve to get back ahead of defenses again.