Bears/Packers Rivalry Video With McMahon Hit

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BU54, Dec 24, 2009.

1. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Here's a 5:15 video of some clips from the Bears Packers rivalry. At 3:10 in this video you can see the famous hit on Jim McMahon that started the end of his career and limited us to only one SB victory. It only lasts a couple seconds so you have to watch closely. But the whole video is pretty good.

For those of you too young to remember this, the lowlife Packer Charles Martin was the one that flagrantly threw down Jim McMahon about 10 seconds after Jim threw the ball. Martin was ejected and suspended for only 2 games for the hit. Before the game Martin also displayed a towel that he proclaimed was his hit list, Walter Payton was on that towel/list also. Martin was cut by the Packers for the hit in 1987. Martin died in 2005 at 46 years old. For me it's just another reason to hate the Packers.

Here's the video, The Rivalry I had to watch it twice cause I missed the hit the first time.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Dirty hit without a doubt but IMO not the real reason why we were limited to only 1 SB. Far from it....

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

blah, blah, blah.... That knee a Bears player gave to a kneeing Packer in the next szene wasn't dirty, huh?

4. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Got some film of it, and I'll let ya know.
    Refresh my memory, I don't recall it. Who was it? Did he get ejected,fined and or suspended?