AFC Wildcard Race

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Crowned, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Updated the original post, this is wild.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Crapload of 7-7 teams. Hopefully the Eagles can help those teams out by beating the Donkeys next week while trying to improve our bid for a 1st round bye.

3. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Do it! :cowboy1:

4. Crowned

The Raiders beating the Broncos is huge, If the Eagles can beat the Broncos next week and the Steelers win out they will have a wildcard spot. Steelers have tiebreakers over the Broncos & Titans, plus the Steelers play Dolphins week 17, so win and in. I can't believe we still have a shot.

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

yeah but there's still the Texans and Jaguars and Jets. It's a whole mess in the AFC. Here's how I'd like it to be cleaned up: Ravens beat Steelers and Raiders; Broncos beat Eagles and Chiefs. Ravens get 5 seed, Broncos, who I'm not scared of (although we'd only play them in the championship game anyway, get the six seed. This is SO frustrating because I had always counted out the 7-loss teams, and now the Titans, Texans, Jaguars, and Steelers are back in it, along with the Jets and Dolphins. It would be horrifying the Steelers beat us and made the playoffs and we didn't (although Ravens would still have division record tiebreaker over Steelers if they both finish 9-7 so it seems unlikely unless we lose out which won't happen). Hey, let's all (well, not Steve) agree on one thing: let's hope the Chargers make it ten in a row on Thursday against the Titans, just to simplify things.

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Division Leaders:

1. xyz-Colts - 14-0
    2. xy-Chargers - 12-3
    3. Bengals - 9-5
    4. Patriots - 9-5

Wild Card:

5. Ravens- 8-6
    6. Broncos - 8-6

Still in it:

7. Jaguars - 7-7
    8. Dolphins - 7-7
    9. Steelers - 7-7
    10. Jets - 7-7
    11. Texans - 7-7

Mathematically Eliminated:

12. Titans - 7-8
    13. Raiders - 5-9
    14. Bills - 5-9
    15. Browns - 3-11
    16. Chiefs - 3-11

x - clinched division
    y - clinched first round bye
    z - clinched homefield advantage throughout playoffs

Week 16 AFC matchups with playoff implications: Ravens at Steelers, Jaguars at Patriots, Texans at Dolphins, Jets at Colts

NFL Standings

NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, prior to last night, there were still 12 teams alive in the afc playoff hunt. how many will be left in 24 hours?

8. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Well out of the wild card slots:

Broncos 8-6
    Ravens 8-6
    Jaguars - 7-7
    Dolphins - 7-7
    Steelers - 7-7
    Jets - 7-7
    Texans - 7-7

Houston and Miami play each other, so one of us is gone.
    Jets play in Indy, so I have my doubts there.
    Ravens play Steelers, that'll be a good one.
    Jags in New England? 9 times out of 10 that game turns out horrible.
    And Broncos in Philly has a lot of potential.

9. Crowned

Here's what needs to happen. Starting with Sunday.

Steelers beat Ravens
    Colts beat Jets
    Patriots beat Jaguars
    Eagles beat Broncos

Week 17
    Steelers beat Dolphins

Steelers would then lock in a wildcard spot, have tiebreakers over Denver and Houston.

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

thats not 2 far fetched Crowned. atleast all the odds are pointing in your guys favor.

11. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

That's a lot of scenarios that need happen, but each one is very favorable.

...but if any one of those go wrong do the Steelers still have a chance?

12. Crowned

If Steelers lose no.

If Jets beat Colts they will have to beat Bengals in week 17.

If Denver wins, we'd need Baltimore to lose to Oak or Den to lose to KC in week 17. Don't like those chances. And if Jacksonville wins they get to play Browns in week 17, so that scenario basically needs to happen lol

13. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Bengals is 4th seed right now, Pats hold the strength of schedule tie breaker

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This is way more exiting than in the NFC, where it all come down to 3 teams.....

15. Crowned

It's getting interesting now, Houston will beat Miami today and they have tiebreaker over Pittsburgh. I need both Cinci and New England to win today so they are both still competing next week for the #3 seed. Cinci plays Jets and New England plays Houston.

16. Crowned

All of that wouldn't mean nothing without a Steelers win today though.

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looks like the Pats playiong in your favour, but the Bengals didn't look like a winner so far

18. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

As of RIGHT NOW, even with their loss today, Baltimore is still the 6 seed by some sort of cockamamie tiebreaker situation over Houston and Pittsburgh. And even the 7-8 Jags and Dolphins are still in it somehow.

19. Crowned

I'll update the original post.

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

phins, jags, and titans didn't seem real interested in making the playoffs the way they played this weekend. they already had vacation plans made for january apparently .............................