AFC Wildcard Race

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Crowned, Nov 22, 2009.

1. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

For the sake of underdogs everywhere, and the chance to watch the most dangerous pass offense in the AFC, I want them to get in.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They can only get in with a win and a Jets and Broncos loss.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Chiefs will do their best to help ya out AB.

But don't hold yer breath...

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

or the ravens. they need 2 losses out of the threesome of the jets, broncos, and ravens.

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Yep. Although I'm not confident in having our playoff hopes resting on Kansas City and Oakland...

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Hey, I'm all playoff-scenarioed out. who here feels up for writing how each of these 6 teams can make the playoffs?

7. ravenfan52

Here's something awesome: If the Jets beat the Bengals, I believe those two teams will play in the first week of the playoffs. The Cowboys and Eagles could also play each other two weeks in a row. So could the Cardinals and Packers.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i hate to bring it up but the kicker has possibly lost them a game or 2 and kubiak's bizarre love affair with brown at the end of games has possibly lost them a game or 2. just 1 of those losses being turned into a win and they would not be depending on KC and Oak to save their asses.

i don't know if the texans really deserve to be in the playoffs but i'm not sure i can make a better case for the jets, ravens, or broncos to be there so we'll see how it falls.

9. ravenfan52

for deserving to be in i guess i'd say steelers and broncos or maybe jets. but that doesn't matter! :)

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

All this talk about who 'deserves' to be in the playoffs is funny.

Teams competing at 8-8 to get in, when last year the Pats didn't make it at 11-5.

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

This has been one of the streakiest seasons I've ever witnessed. I don't recall this many teams having 5 straight wins followed by 5 straight losses in the 10 years I've been consistently watching the NFL.

12. brakos82

And you people wonder why I have a Pink Soap avatar? :wild:

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Specifically?

I don't wonder.

14. ravenfan52

The key is how much do the Bengals and Patriots care about the No. 3 seed? Will they play their starters? Enough is enough! Let's hear some predictions:

For now, I'm picking the Texans to beat the Patriots and the Jets to beat the Bengals and the Ravens beat the Raiders and the Broncos to beat the Chiefs and the Steelers to beat the Dolphins, meaning:

1. Colts
    2. Chargers
    3. Patriots
    4. Bengals
    5. Jets
    6. Ravens

I hope Ravens wind up playing Bengals instead of Pats; I'm less scared of Cincy than of NE. It would be funny if we lost to Bungles; two straight seasons losing thrice to a division opponent.
    I definitely see the Texans coming out on top at home and the Pats not playing that hard. I think it will be similar in NY because the two games will be going on at the same time and the Jets will really come out and play hard. The other three are pretty easy, jmo.

15. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

3. New England Patriots (10-5) – Clinched AFC East title with win vs. Jacksonville. Lead Bengals based on better strength of victory (Patriots have beaten teams with combined 65-85 record; Bengals have beaten teams that are a combined 60-89).

I hope the pats lose then later on, the Sunday Night Game between the Bengals and Jets, knowing the Patriots Lost The Bengals will have something to play for, a win puts them in the #3 seed

16. ravenfan52

The flexed jets bengals game has me changing my prediction. Seriously! I think the Bengals will be motivated in a rare primetime appearance and I think they will have something to play for. And I bet Sanchez chokes in primetime. I also changed my mind and realized that Belichick is not one to rest his starters and the Patriots are hot.

So that makes it:

1. Colts
    2. Chargers
    3. Patriots
    4. Bengals
    5. Ravens
    6. Steelers

what?

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That's what I'm thinking (praying).

18. Or two teams (Giants & Broncos) starting off at least 5-0 in the same year and not make the playoffs. This has been quite a season to remember in the NFL.

19. brakos82

Or the Titans going from 0-6 to (likely) 8-8. This has been an odd duck.

20. :word:

Or Pittsburgh tying the record for the most consecutive losses in a season by a defending Super Bowl champion and still having a chance of making the postseason.