Official 2010 GIF Draft Talk Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Phil Taylor is like the Greg Oden of football prospects, not the injury part though. Dude is ready to get it done on the NFL level, and unlike Cody he has some explosiveness. And he's not a sloppy player either. I already know where you stand on this I think. I could add a bit more here but im watching movie. I'm liking Filly Tayor.

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Who is the better long term prospect? Eric Berry or Russel Okung? Thinking about the Chiefs draft and either of those guys would fill a huge need.

Also does anyone see a scenario where the Chiefs would be in a good position to trade down? Picking in front of Washington I could see it. Now that we're picking after I think we're stuck at #5.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

phil taylor is pure stud as an nfl prospect....hes more explosive than cody by alot but cody is a better space eater. taylor is like kris jenkins or shaun rodgers, cody is like casey hampton or ted washington. all great players....just a little different.

i would like cody int he first....thats my steeler pick right now. is taylor not declaring?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

okung is the best LT in the draft, no doubt....but hes not the elite OT prospect he will be picked as....theres been better prospects the last few years, this years tackle class is stacked with okung, williams, anthony davis, bruce campbell, charles brown, selvish capers, jason fox, Vladimir Ducasse, and sam young all looking like potential 1st or 2nd round picks....but they all fall in the middle of the pack when it comes to being a top prospect.

on the other hand berry is the best DB prospect ive ever seen period.

4. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Okung is good, and could be for a long time but Berry is special. He's like a better tackling Ed Reed, will be a real difference maker.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Curious to see what you guys think of Damian Williams and Ed twinkyson, guys i'd like to see the Ravens take in the 1st and 3rd or 4th respectively

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dont know much about twinkyerson, but Williams is a late first to a mid second. He is in that tier with Tate, Lefell, Benn and probobly that rodhead from 'Cuse

6. K Train

mike williams is sick lol

7. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Damien Williams could well be the best WR in this class when all is said and done imo, and would frankly be an absoulte idiot if he doesnt come out looking at what might be next year.

8. K Train

he was the first player to declare lol

9. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I think so as well, already a pro route runner in a pro system, adequete speed and size to be very good on the next level

10. Jihad Joe

I dont think any WR in this class out side of maybe Bryant (and he would be 5th) would be a first next year

11. K Train

theres stud this year, no doubt....this is a great class but next year is amazing

5th? though?

i would agree with jones, my boy floyd, green...and?

12. Jihad Joe

Baldwin

Him and Bryant would be a tossup for 4th

And Brown is a huge sleeper

13. K Train

ok give bryant a LITTLE credit lol, i would say 4th next year. i <3 floyd

14. Jihad Joe

Im giving him credit, Iike him, top 15 in almost any draft, but him VS Baldwin is a real toss up. Either way I could see 5 WR's in the top 15

You have no idea how much I heart Floyd, waymore than Tate,and I love me some Tate. Unfair for me however to rate him right now as I have seen every game except 2, and I have never seen Green play, and I have all of 1 half of watching Julio. I dont watch much SEC ball

15. K Train

i like tate...never used to, but i do now. but floyd is going to be special.

jones is sick, green is sick....they are 1 and 2 no matter how bad i want it to be floyd

16. Jihad Joe

Injury to one of them is the only thing I can see making Floyd #2

I got Green and Jones pegged in the top 4, with Floyd going around 6-8

Im thinking Baldwin will be a top 15 (most years would be top 10) and if Brown bounce's back he could be top 15 as well

Now something to think about....these are ALL JR's. I can see Floyd and Baldwin going back to improve there stock. Floyd is a top 5 prospect that will have no chance at top 5 his JR year

17. K Train

Bulaga entered the draft.....oh yes, now thats what im heckin talking about

18. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think Joe McKnight might make for a better WR than RB in the NFL. To be honest with you I don't think he has a future as an NFL RB.

19. Jihad Joe

He could be another scat back..........at least he wont go 2nd like the last scat back they had

20. K Train

i still think bush was a justified top pick...one of the best weapons college football had to offer.....him being a better receiver than RB is no surprise

cody played a great game at several positions including full back...he showed some strength i wasnt sure he had, he was rippin through guys hes back at the top of my list for the steelers at 18 followed by davis, thomas, bulaga and spikes