Official 2010 GIF Draft Talk Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I honestly think they will bypass Cody for Williams if Williams is on the board.

I think conditioning questions are gonna drop Cody to the late 1st/2nd

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im not as big of a fan of dan williams as everyone else, not as a NT in a 34....i would love him if i were houston and put him next to okoye, or if i was atlanta and put him next to jerry

i think hes gonna grab enough attention to still go in the top 20 with all the 34 teams out there.

my man crushes are cody, anthony davis, earl thomas, and brandon spikes....i would be happy with any and i think they all might be there at 18 and have excellent value.

then show me some donavan warren in the second round, or selvie, ghee, or my man vladimir ducasse who probably wont be there but theres a ton of second tier tackles this year so you never know

3. Jihad Joe

I think the spots for Cody are Pittsburgh, Dallas and Miami in the first and KC and Denver in the second

4. K Train

good work outs cody could go to denver at 11....hes what they need and for christ sake the drafted knowshon moreno as a curveball last year. they could have a hard time passing on mcclain if hes there though

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

anyone have any idea of devine is going to declare this year? he has like 4 kids to feed lol

5. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i would love for the eagles to go LB.. maybe travis lewis if he declares if he's there or sean weatherspoon.. out LB arent to great...

Safety-try taylor mays.. i hope incredible size and speed

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Mays is going to be nothing what he is hyped to be. In fact, he is the most over rated player in the draft IMO.

7. eaglesrule4ever

coach him up at 6 foot 3 or 4... and 225 pound safety with 4.4 speed.... hes gotta be able to do something.

8. K Train

thomas and allen are better....i say mays is 4th best this year and miles behind berry

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I think it was Jihad Joe who said it best, a 4 year starter that still needs major work is not worth the risk. You know who else drafts based on measurables alone? Al Davis. You see how good he has been with his picks right?

10. K Train

hes about 230....put 15 pounds on and i love him as an OLB, hes just gonna suck as a safety

11. eaglesrule4ever

im just putting my opinion out there... the kid has a chance to be GREAT

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well when you put it that way, every prospect has a chance to be great.

13. K Train

see i think berry has a chance to be great, i think mays has a chance to be good....but he will probably suck but get a sportscenter a few times for a knock out hit

14. eaglesrule4ever

im un-sure if ur dumb or what,i was talking about the measurable for what he can bring as a safety at that size.

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Wow you completely missed what I meant. I was making a joke. Mays could be great, but he needs to play SS not FS. He needs to be taught how to tackle better(which is very hard). He has very little instincts and ball skills, he takes poor angles in covergae and on tackling. He would rather knock a guy out than to make a solid tackle. K train has a good idea with having Mays put on a little weight and more to LB.

16. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

you add a few more pounds move him to OLB and he turns into Darnell Bing 2.0...

17. K Train

darnell bing was slow and half the athlete of mays, he played on a great usc team but was no standout ever. he ran a 4.5 and was drafted with the intent on turning him to a LB project....he had no upside, mays has a ton of he can put it all together. going to usc and moving to LB doesnt justify a bing comparison, they arent similar in any way as a player

18. Jihad Joe

Like they coached up Sean Considine

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Thats true, i wasn't comparing them skill wise obviously just a slight mention of the last USC safety to make the switch to linebacker. He wasn't a standout at USC? He was an all american and almost won the Thorpe award, he was a decent prospect but he wasn't even close to the prospect Mays is clearly.

20. Jihad Joe

Bing would have been a quality Safety in say 1992 or something, but the NFL isnt a run league anymore. Bing is a relic

I actually wanted us o look at him a couple years ago to take Killer's backup/Gunner spot......dude could have been a NASTY gunner