Official 2010 GIF Draft Talk Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

then i say take him in the early second....i think the dude is gonna be special

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I could see it

What would you rather they take early a NT or an OT?

3. K Train

i have Davis and Bulaga rated much higher than cody and im not a dan williams fan for our defense

id prefer cody over campbell though and would flip a coin between cody and trent williams

4. Jihad Joe

I actually like the depth of this NT class, especially if Taylor declares

I think Jeff Owens is a big time sleeper. He is a Jason Fergeson NT, 6 foot even about 310 LBS that playes with a high motor, great leverage and is a natural occupying blocks. May have gone in the first 2 rounds if he didnt get hurt.

I like Troup alot too. He reminds me a bit of SLH from last year in that he can play both NT and 5 Technique. Not as good a prospect, but I think he is moldable

5. K Train

taylor is staying at school....he didnt really have a good year

6. Jihad Joe

I figured it would be a long shot that he came out. Would prolly have been a 4th

7. K Train

coulda been a late first or second.....really smart guy, would interview real well. a good combine he would skyrocket, the man is a disruptor

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

i could have seen him going to minnesota in the late first

8. Jihad Joe

IDK, he probobly isnt ready for the NFL. he really need to work on his conditioning

With Dallas Im likeing the thought of trading out if no NT is there. I think NT (unless a FS slips) is the only spot in the first value may be there........maybe Pat Robinson, but thats why I would like to see them trade out. Trade to a team wanting to move up for McCoy or Snead, pick up a 1st in 2011 and put yourself in a postion where Green/Jones/Floyd are attainable

In the mid second we can get a quality CB (thats where I see the "strength of this DB class") or a FS like Allen

9. K Train

im kinda surprised cameron heyward is staying at ohio state....hes gonna be a good one, got great size/speed and bloodlines

i was kinda hopin Chimdi Chekwa would declare too, but not surprised he decided to stay.

all that matters is that gibson will be a steeler

10. K Train

devine has til tomorrow to delcare....i think he does, anyone else? lol

i was hoping locker was gonna change his mond but it appears he will not

andddddddd devine is staying

freaking idiot

11. Jihad Joe

No Locker makes this an iffy QB class

Right now I think Claussen, McCoy and Snead go in the first. I think Locker presence would have pushed the #3 QB into the mid second

12. K Train

bradford will go in the first, i dont like him either, but he will

im convinced tebow will go to the jags in the first....its up to them to prove me wrong but i think its a lock

snead and pike will battle it out for the best QB of the second round.

i think it shapes up like this

Clausen a redskin

Bradford a seahawk

tebow a jag

mccoy a patriot

obviously this will change but thats how i feel, rams maybe pick up snead or pike at the top of the second

13. Jihad Joe

I dont see anyway Bradford goes first. He is getting mocked there on name rec now. IMO he is no better than any other OU system star

Being the top QB with alot of teams needing one, I dont think Claussen is gonna be there for the Skins. IMO he is gonna get overdrafted

I see Claussen a Ram

McCoy a Bronco (trading ito the first)

and Snead a Seahawk

IMO Bradford would be lucky to go off the board in the third

14. K Train

i dont think snead will sneak into the first

i know you dont like bradford lol, but its almost certain he will go in the first....just cause hes no better than any oklahoma QB before which i think is accurate he will go in the first

clausen may be a ram, but i think the skins LOVE him and would trade up if they felt the need to. im sure the rams or lions would gladly give up their pick

15. Jihad Joe

Jason White didnt even get drafted......heck Bradford and heck OU too. If he was a girl, I wouldn't heck him with Basketts rod.

If St. Loius wants a QB, no way they give that pick up. Trading up from the second means giving up a 2011 first. Claussen with the top pick is a huge reach (And Im a fan), but if a team wants its QB, they are gonna make that reach

I would sport a I Heart Huge Sam Bradford p**is sig until the season starts if he gets drafted in the first.

Im for serious

16. K Train

ill hold you to that.

i dont think its a HUGE reach for clausen with the top pick, but berry and suh should be the only ones under consideration, no one deserves to go over them at any position regardless of need.

the rams can definitely land a good QB in the second...i really think pike will one of the best pros of this class and hes not even being mentioned in the first round

17. Jihad Joe

You can, word it however you want to

With the Rams, it could be a fan base move. They drafted an OT and two DL in the past couple years.

The fans are gonna want a QB. I like Pike two, but drafting him in the second when the fans want a "star" is saying "You wanted Claussen or McCoy, but instead you are getting some no name happy we drafted in the second"

18. K Train

clausen sells the tickets for a while at least no doubt....but berry would do delicious things for them.

and take this in for a second.....long, carriker, suh, little......THATS a front 4 in a 43 defense

19. Jihad Joe

Oh, Im not arguing with that at all, however with the Rams we mayyyy be looking at a Jamarcus Russel sitatuion when the team took a QB when #1 when there were two muchhhhhh better prospects that went 2 and 3

Personally I would "value" in the top 15. The tools are there, his head is there, but despite how shiny his stats were he can still be erratic. Also ND finished games TERRIBLY. Ya, that falls on Weis, but IMO its a dual HC/QB thing He is being touted as a WCO QB, and I just dont see how the heck people came to that conclusion. He is a vertical passer, comparable more to Cutler, with a little less arm. If he went to Washington I would personally kill Bruce Allen

20. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Why the hate for Bradford? Is it just because of the offense they run at OU? He's got a decent, not great arm and he's very accurate.