Gay Dating Site Says CBS Is Discriminating Them By Rejecting Super Bowl Ad

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 29, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

CBS has told gay dating site Mancrunch.com that it will not accept its proposed Super Bowl ad, so the website is asking for help protesting the decision to keep it away from the NFL's championship game. Said Mancrunch.com in a statement to CNBC: "We're calling on every same s*x advocacy group to petition CBS and let them know this...behavior will not be tolerated." It's the second Super Bowl ad to draw controversy this week after CBS said it would allow advocacy ads, including one featuring Tim Tebow for Focus on the Family, if they are "responsibly produced." Man Crunch spokesman Dominic Friesen told the New York Post earlier that CBS claimed all the commercial spots during the Super Bowl were sold. "It's clearly a form of discrimination that we're getting the runaround, that we're not being told the truth. Quite frankly, there is a lot of ad space available -- a lot of the companies that typically advertise during the Super Bowl are not advertising this year."

Source: USA Today

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Is the NFL the new Disney?

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Why would they advertise during the Super bowl anyways

Thats a waste of 3 million dollars because f*g's dont watch football

4. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Man crunch? Wow, lol.

How about a lesbian dating site called Carpetmunch.com? I wouldn't mind seeing an ad for that. :icon_cool:

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Sure they do, there's even some playing in the NFL.

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

How about trying to explain these ad's to your young children that will be watching the Super Bowl?

Just stirring the pot. It is a Media thingy.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Gays need to stop acting like there being discriminated like there a race. Should they have the freedom to marry yea that doesent effect anybody but no one wants to see your fruit loop love on tv.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jihad Joe

I want you on my debate team, Baskett

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

It is kinda discrimination

I dont really care about there cause, and I hope CBS wins.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

First off baskett is on my team.

Second you are right it is discrimination, but the network has the right to put on what it wants.

Free market and all that.

10. ball in the baskett

So cant anything be discrimination then? What if a guy wanted to put out a commercial about meeting and freaking rhinos and they said no wouldent that be discriminating against all rhino heckers everywhere to? Just cause theres alot of them doesent mean what they do is acceptable. Have your marrage whatever but putting there fruit loop love on tv is crossing the line.

1 person likes this.
  11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:lmao:

12. Jihad Joe

yes baskett

It is discrimination if Rhino heckers arent allowed to have there commercial based on the fact that they love to heck rhino's. Discrimination is disallowing or holding against someone based on their rase,creed or idea's

But like herm said.........free market. We have the right to discriminate

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

No one wants to see a happy commercial during the Super Bowl, Jesus H Christ make the madness stop already, ya let em marry and now they think they have rights and crap.... :moe:

1 person likes this.
  14. Jihad Joe

The funny thing is IMO, that this is a colossal waste of money for the company if they do get on.

How many of their potenial customer base is actually gonna be watching the Super Bowl. Im sure a few will, but a very small percentage of the homosexual population will probably be watching the Super Bowl

Arent Ab Fab reruns still on?

15. ball in the baskett

Yea they would be more successful airing it during the world cup for soccer or something.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Is this still about Tebow?

:icon_confused:

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah they are.

18. ball in the baskett

19. Jihad Joe

I dont think fags watch soccer either