Gay Dating Site Says CBS Is Discriminating Them By Rejecting Super Bowl Ad

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I have no problem with gays as long as they keep to themselves. No one wants to see fruit loop love on there tv it would piss more people off then anything. How would you explain to your kid what there doing?

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

basket
    you're such a double standard having homophobe

if it was a sight for two chicks, you'd be jerking off constantly to the thought of the advertisement

3. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I can see where you're both coming from. In my opinion, they should be allowed to advertise their site but in a different way, not kissing all over each other over hands touching in a bowl of chips. Of course that would be rejected from being shown during the Super Bowl, that's watched by all age groups. They wouldn't show two naked women making out with each other either. It should be something less risque.

4. ball in the baskett

Its one im aloud to have its a free country. Either way commercials arent the place to show such things especially during an even thats supposed to be a family freindly one.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Fruit Loop Love? I really doubt that the advert is going to include a gay romp. If people are going to get pissed off then they should really get with the times because the world has moved on.

The last bit is my favourite bit. If children is first introduced to homosexuality through a Superbowl advert then they've had a very sheltered upbringing. Going by that point, maybe this advert will be a world of discovery!

If Tim Tebow is allowed to rattle on about being anti-abortion during the Superbowl, then I see no problem with this being on.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Well said sir, well said.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

as long as they keep the commercial like match.com or eharmony where it's people being happy finding a life partner than I'm cool with it, but if it's all just about s*x and bootycalls and stuff then I say no.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Myself and most of the country just isn't ready to see gay advertisments during the Super Bowl, I mean come on is their cause so important that they feel the need to have to have it during a football game? OMG they think they have rights, get married, have a family and keep your freaking love life to yourself. I mean fags found each other somehow for like years, now they need national exposure to meet people...use the internet like normal people..and correct me if I'm wrong but in some states butt freaking is still illegal and unless they added a new hole somewhere.......

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I personally don't care for it, and I think the Super Bowl has set itself up with teetering the edge of inappropriateness with things like GoDaddy.com commercials (as hot as the women are, that crap is tasteless). I would think they would go more conservative after the Janet Jackson fiasco, but don't even get me started on that.....

Plus, why act like the SB is the only event to broadcast your commercial? Yes, there's a huge market, but you might tap into a better market for something outside the Super Bowl, not trying to Stereo Type, but think about it. It just seems to me they're trying to test CBS to see if they'll even air it, just to cry foul. I hate when we (as black people) do that crap, and I'm definitely going to hate it when someone else does that crap.

Go to Oxygen, Lifetime, wherever, CBS isn't the only station around.

Also, Gay is not the new black, it is nowhere near the same struggle and if I hear anyone else say that crap again I'm going to dropkick them with my barehands.

1 person likes this.
  10. ball in the baskett

Thank you i so agree

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Faggotism isn't a racial thing, the new black it isn't and they need to be dropkicked for even thinking that. Personally I haven't heard that but it's pathetic that anyone would even think that.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Ive never heard it compared to 'the new black' either.

13. AtlantaBlazer

Really? Cause I hear that damn argument all the damn time. Tell them to call my grandfather once they get shot with fire-hoses or couldn't board a train and had to hitchhike rides from Kansas to California.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

AB, trust me I don't doubt that it happens just that I hadn't heard it before.

15. ball in the baskett

Ive heard that in my political science class actually. That people think its going to be the new civil rights movement. When you hear that it just makes you laugh.

16. AtlantaBlazer

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Maybe "kissing each other"? My 9-year old daughter knew about samesex love for years....

as long you're ain't gay?

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree olly. same-s*x relationships are so in-your-face nowadays, my kids know more about it than I do. most people have homosexual relatives or friends anymore. My kids have a homosexual Aunt, a homosexual distant cousin, and one of their mom's friends is gay.

This is not 1955 anymore where no one talks about it. We've had many conversations with our kids about homosexuality. My kids would see that commerical and say, 'So what?'

CBS is mainly pulling the commercial for the older people that ARE offended by homosexuality being in their faces.

19. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

SB commercials are usually more about which one is wittier more than the product/service.

Maybe if they were to work with the NFL/Coke/etc. like having Palomalu catching them necking in the tunnel after the game & body slamming them to the concrete? You know, where there's something in it for everyone?