Bears To Host Vikings Free Agent RB Chester Taylor

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Mar 4, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Running back Chester Taylor is expected to visit with the Bears Friday, according to a league source. Taylor would seem an ideal fit to complement Matt Forte in Mike Martz's offense, which highlights the running back position. Taylor has served as a valuable backup to Adrian Peterson, particularly on third downs because of his ability to block, run and catch the ball.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If the Bears sign Chester Taylor, see ya Kevin Jones.

3. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Damn the bears seem to be the big spenders this year! Guess having no 1st round pick for two years in a row can really make your wallet heavy

1 person likes this.
  4. DaBearsrule4ever

The combination of not having a 1st or 2nd round pick in this year's draft, this being an uncapped year, and the fact that the jobs of Ted Phillips, Jerry Angelo, and Lovie Smith are all on the line, yeah, why not.

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

But you guys are not contenders yet. I feel like when you lose that many picks in the draft you set yourself back years. Cause your team is getting older and the only players you can get are FA which are not the youngest of players or the cheapest (even though that is not an issue for you guys)

6. DaBearsrule4ever

The Bears are not contenders yet, SO WHAT. Making moves like this can turn the Bears into a contender. I'm not saying it WILL make the Bears a contender but i'm saying it CAN.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  7. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Trading two first round picks has set us back years? Have you looked at our draft history in the 1st round? We set ourselves back years even when we have 1st round picks. :icon_confused:

8. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Chill dude i wasnt trying to put the bears down i was just stating it since Peppers said he wanted to be playing for a contender then again money talks so who knows

You do make a very good point with that statement! ha ha ha i guess i was normally talking about teams setting themselves back when trading away their picks but i guess the bears are a special case of their own when it comes to their picks

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Two years is years worth the set back? I think not.

10. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Its not 2 years its more like 3 young players you could have had for 4-6 years depending on their rookie contract

11. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

I think whoever lands Taylor is going to get a great deal. He's a guy who has been second fiddle and rightfully so for a long time with AP, but he's a great player.

12. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Not to mention that he doesn't have a lot of tear and wear, and the best thing is he doesn't suffer from fumbleitis like AP does

13. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Make it happen Angelo.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

It was still worth the gamble.

15. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Well hopefully its worth it cause i think Cutler is a good QB but i dunno what the hell happened this year cause he was a pick machine hopefully a full year under his belt under the new offense.

16. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'm curious to see the numbers of the deal in place. 3 mil a year?

Either way, a backfield of Chester Tayor, and Matt Forte isn't going to intimidate anyone. But Chester should prove to be a worthy addition. Just waiting to see what kind of contract he gets.

17. DaBearsrule4ever

So far, I haven't heard anything offical about a deal for Taylor. Seems like he wants to be in Chicago though.

18. Bears are nearing a deal for Taylor as well. Article up in a few.

19. DaBearsrule4ever

Sweet!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

20. Congrats Bears fans!

The Bears have reached agreements on contracts with Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor.

Signed, Sealed and Delivered! Articles up when there ready!