Falcons Close To Trading CB Chris Houston To The Lions

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Mar 7, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter is reporting on his Twitter page that Atlanta is on verge of trading CB Chris Houston to Detroit for a 2010 sixth-round pick and a switch of draft positions in the fifth round. Schefter adds that the trade between Detroit and Atlanta should be complete Monday. Atlanta no longer had a need for Houston after signing Dunta Robinson who is projected to start along with veteran Brian Williams.

Source: Adam Schefter, Twitter.com

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Wow really? I know he's slipped, but damn. I guess we're going Robinson/Grimes, Robinson/Williams or Robinson/Jackson

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ya they are pretty much trading him for half a handjob

I was really high on him when he came out

4. AtlantaBlazer

I think he could still get it done opposite a #1 guy. He's not a great corner, but he can stil get the job done with help around him. I guess I was wrong.

5. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Robinson/Owens? With Williams at safety?

6. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

upgrade

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yea this is suprising, i thought he was gonna be a very good player, still can be, nice pickup for the Lions

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Rarely does Chris Houston look back and locate the ball. He was burned a LOT last season. If he ever learns how to do do that he'll be good. As for now, this doesn't feel like a loss at all to Atlanta fans, in general.

9. AtlantaBlazer

Right, with work he could become a solid corner. He gives up big plays a TON though, especially in the pass interference department, because like you said, he doesn't look back.

10. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I've also seen a rumor where we are getting the fourth and switching fifth rounders. That would be rape in my opinion. I'll be happy if we get any picks for him.