Ken Whisenhunt Reiterates Matt Leinart Is The Cardinals Starting QB

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 17, 2010.

1. While Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt made it clear today that it was Matt Leinart's quarterback job to lose, "Matt has earned the right to be 'The Guy,' " he said, he wasn't interested in talking about what it would take for Leinart to lose that job to newcomer Derek Anderson. Not here in March. "There are a lot of factors that go into the quarterback position," Whisenhunt said, sounding a bit exasperated at the question. "Right now, with us being four-and-a-half months from training camp, that'd be premature to talk about. Like I said, I think we have seen a tremendous amount of growth from Matt but I am also excited about Derek. There will be competition. That's not anything different than any of the other positions."

Source: AzCardinals.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
  2. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

C'mon Ken. You didn't just throw that many millions at Anderson to simply hold the clipboard. :whatever:

This contract reminds me of the one multi-million dollar one that Kerry Collins signed with the Giants way-back-when and the Giants also swore that he was just there to be the backup too.

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Derek Anderson is for when Matt fails. And not if.

4. I certainly remember that. Collins was battling an alcohol addiction at the time and was recently released by the Saints. We signed Collins to a four-year contract worth $16.9 Million. I remember Peter King blasting that signing but Collins turned himself around and became a really good quarterback for us for about five seasons.

Collins wasn't the starter at first, Kent Graham was but took over midway though the 1999 season.

5. Banyaaz

Banyaaz Video Drone

I'm not sold on Matt...

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I wish he would make up his freaking mind. He said a day or so ago that there would be a competition for the QB position now he's saying that Leinart is his starter...wtf Ken :moe: