Seahawks To Trade QB Matt Hasselbeck?

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Now that the Seahawks have apparently got their quarterback of the future in San Diego restricted free agent Charlie Whitehurst, the clock appears to be ticking on Matt Hasselbeck's future in Seattle, who is entering the final year of his contract and will make $5.75 Million in 2010. Hasselbeck has had trouble staying healthy the past two seasons, and by releasing Deon Grant, trading Darryl Tapp and now trading for Whitehurst, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider have shown that they are not afraid to make bold moves in order to change the makeup of this team. Eric Williams of The Tacoma News Tribune writes that trading Hasselbeck may be another move in that process.

Source: Tacoma News Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Huh.Good luck with that. I'm sure he can be had for cheap.

3. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I just can't think of many teams that would be interested in an aging, injury prone QB an be willing to pay 5.75 mil for him

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Not a one.....Unless the Browns want him.

The Bills, maybe?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd give a 6th round pick for him...if I were the Bills or Raiders and only the Bills or Raiders...

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And yet the Eagles have the balls to ask for a first rounder for McNabb?

If I were a team in need, I'd much rather roll the dice with a 4th (maybe LOW 3rd) for Hass than a 1st on McNabb.

But of course I'm a little biased.

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I'd rather take McNabb for a 2nd. Matt isn't worth it as he's been out the past two seasons and hasn't had back to back good seasons since 04/05. I just think McNabb is the better QB and will be in the league longer than Haselbeck

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

shaddddup

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Did you rape anyone that needs to be investigated tonight Ben?

1 person likes this.
  10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

lmao I don't even remember getting on GIF

11. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I dont see many teams that would want this guy. he is aging, injury prone QB. and who would the seahawks have as QB if they trade Tim??

12. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Matt. Tim is the one with the hot wife and no talent.

And Charlie Whitehurst is now a franchise quarterback, for whatever reason.. Where have you been.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I figured as much from your other post...

:icon_lol: