Eagles Trade QB Donovan McNabb To The Redskins

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Apr 4, 2010.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Why you gotta be disrespecting Andy by not capitalizing his last name?

What the future holds with Kolb, I have no idea...but I am excited to see what he can do knowing that he's the man.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Being from the WNY area, I got to watch McNabb at SU. He didnt get lucky with McNabb. McNabb was a straight up option QB. That offense was a bit more passer friendly than say the Cornhusker option, but it was still a very unkind offense for a pro prospect to play in. I was utterly shocked McNabb was even a day 1 pick at that point, not to say he sucked, the dude was a joy to watch at SU, but was as far from "Pro Ready" as you could be

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Right, but right now, today, Kolb doesn't hold crap to McNabb... not in fans eyes, and definitely not in opposing defenses eyes.

He has all the potential in the world, and crap, he might be the next A. Rodgers, etc. but until he proves that to be the case I think most like their odds that he's not going to be.

It's silly to assume too much from Kolb, or argue that he will be good, at least the naysayers have historic percentages on their side.

We'll all find out soon enough.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I take your word for all that that, but none of that matters if McNabb would have still been a damn good NFL QB if he want to another team... a question no one can answer.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jihad Joe

Valid

But on paper the Eagles were still behind Dallas, who themselves are way behind the true NFC title contenders. For the Eagles to sniff SB in 2010, they would have to do something drastic, that may have cripple the future. Which they did attempt with Peppers, which would have gotten them closers. Even Peppers would have pushed them to NO or Minnesota's level. They probably win the East tho.

Long term the team will be much stronger letting Kolb take his lumps and connecting with Jackson/Maclin/Celek. Kolb is gonna have better skill players than McNabb ever did. On top of that I still think they are better than the Redskins. T

This is the NFC East, not a division you can win with one big move and substandard talent. The Giants, Cowboys and Eagles have had a winning core and have been winners collectively going back to 2003. And they are transition to a 3-4, and this isnt the AFC West, where you can win converting to a 3-4 in transit. The Cowboys, Giants and Eagles are gonna punch holes in that defense all day

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  5. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

good move, for us

6. deseanjax

deseanjax Rookie

wooow didnt see this commin

now the kevin kolb era will start we will see...

7. 1usctrojan

1usctrojan Guest

I really don't understand this kind of thought....I would think you would want your team to compete with the best, be the best against all competition.

1 person likes this.
  8. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

also realize that Kolb's 2 games that he played last year were vs NO and KC, both of which dont have strong defenses.

9. Jihad Joe

Im also wonder if the people calling the Redskins contenders now that they added McNabb saw his last two games as an Eagle

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What were you expecting to get for a 33 year old quarterback with one year left on his contract???

11. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Man, heck Donovan McNabb!

12. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Lets see ... all Kolb Did was play ( 2 ) games last year when Mcnabb was injured.... There is NO WAY In hell im gonna trade Mcnabb based on those (2) Games that Kolb Played.. Look who Kolb played against.... Mike Vick plays a HUGE part of the release of Mcnabb... not Kolbs Littlle 2 games he played last year....

I must say Vick has improved last year while under Mcnabb, Vick gives you more ways to score and is just a better QB.

13. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Top 5? Lol!

You act like McNabb brought a freaking closet full of Lombardis to Philadelphia or something, dude. My goodbye to McNabb goes a little something like this:

Thanks for many great years. You took us places, but whether it was you or the offense or the defense, this team just couldn't get over the hump. Again, thanks for making the last decade interesting and giving us fans hope that we will be at least competitive, but we close this chapter in the book the same way all of the ones before it did: without a Super Bowl victory.

15. Jihad Joe

You do know Vick is an utterly horrid passer right

I know its been said to you repeatedly, but i refuse to give up on you. I dont give up on special chideren, and I feel if its drilled into your head enough you will finally understand that Vick is a terrible passer

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah. No thank you. The guy has the most ridiculous contract in the NFL and played his freaking butt off the last two years of his old deal so he could get paid.

He got paid, and I am certain he won't be playing at that same level ever again.

Why, man... why???

17. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

But it's Albert Haynesworth :icon_cheesygrin:

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I will definitely admit that it's totally ridiculous trading him in-division. Shanny makes that team better right off the bat, now we give them a legitimate QB?

Not all that thrilled about that. Who gives a FLYING FREAK what Donovan wants. Make the deal that is smartest for your club. Package his butt up and send him to Buffalo or Oakland.

And if I were playing Madden I'd do it. :icon_cool:

I noticed how you forgot to mention that this would entail Joe freaking Montana and Donovan McNabb in the same sentence, too.

:wink:

How is it an assrape?

Every single person on this board except phigles thought that he was not worth a 1st rounder. We get a pick at the top of the 2nd, and an additional pick and we get assraped?

Is everyone on this board pissdrunk or something?

:Loco:

Oh wait... you were serious???

:Loco: :Loco: :Loco:

McNabb will insist that he is a pocket quarterback once someone in the media throws out a stereotype and he will stay in that pocket for 15 seconds if that's what it takes to prove it.

See: numerous sacks in Philly when he was indecisive as a mothahecka.

Well.... the only accurate ball McNabb throws is the deep ball, so they better find a way to get down the field. Lol.

I don't dislike it. It isn't ideal, but we got the pick(s) we were looking for. He's a free agent next year who we weren't going to resign.

Look, the dude could have got traded anywhere this year and signed anywhere the year after. Say we sent him to the Bills. He could have called Shanny next offseason and signed a deal then.

We got solid value for a guy who was expendable who wasn't signed long term. Works for me.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You must spread some rep...

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

A lot more things going on in the clubhouse than Donovan leaving that can contribute heavily to a slide by the Eagles. Luckily for 5, if the Eagles slide everyone will ignore the fact that Sheldon and Dawkins aren't in the def. backfield anymore, JJ isn't calling the defense any longer, our o-line is a revolving freaking door, and we have no real talent at the outside LB positions. They will instead say it was all because of McNabb. Which certainly could be part of the issue, but by no means will it be the majority of it.