Eagles Trade QB Donovan McNabb To The Redskins

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Apr 4, 2010.

1. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

:agreed: Redskins are always contenders for the playoffs, and now they are potential Superbowl winners......:sarcasm1:

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

really ? you're really going to try and make this statement ? as if this team right now is ANYWHERE close to being on par with those teams that feely and garcia led. :icon_rolleyes:

c'mon man, nobody really knows what we're gonna get from kolb, i was one as many others did that saw a step back at training camp last season and started to think it was a mistake to draft him but he showed what he could do, i know it was against two less than stellar defences, one of which went on to winning a lombardi but he did what he should've against them.

bottom line is your right on the fact that they traded a guy that they didn't think they could win it all with and got a decent return but you just don't do this within the division.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Of course it is, no where did I say that Kolb was Younglike...come on people work with me here, sheesh.

4. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

are people in philly goobered? 5 NFC title games, 8 playoff appearances, only the Colts and Pats have more wins than the Eagles since he was drafted. they should be pissed he's being traded, especially to the redskins

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

and there chimes in the uninformed fan.

6. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

Eagles welcome:icon_twisted: to last place.

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

It's really going to seem strange to see McNabb in a redskins uniform now. :icon_eek: But raiders fans dreams just went up in smoke. :icon_cheesygrin:

8. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

I'm a die-hard Eagles fan but will be cheering for the Redskins a lot this season. Hell I might even get a Mc5 Redskins jersey. Kolb is technically the future, but IMO not the future that is going to lead us to the promised land. If he does I'll be happy, but am planning for a rough couple of seasons upon us.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

epic fail.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No you are not. The rest of your statement is the exact opposite of a die-hard.

11. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

oh i'm sorry that i dont think Kolb is the messiah that will lead the eagles to the SB. do you think Ricky Williams would lead you to a SB? who else could they get that would give them the success McNabb did? there is something in the water up there in philly

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

what do you know about kolb ? have you followed his progress closely while learning behind mcnabb ? who is even saying he is the messiah ?

ricky williams ? was that a feeble attempt to rip philly on the 99 draft ?

success ? yeah he had a good amount of it but do you even know mcnabb's playoff record ? did we have parades i missed maybe ? he along with many other asspects of the roster failed over and over. the team has systematically removed most of the players that failed.

problem is we have the same head coach running things.

13. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

i saw Kolb against NO, and it wasnt good

OK, well how was Koy Detmer or Bobby Hoying working out for you? how did Tim Couch or Akili Smith work out?

yeah McNabb's playoff record wasn't great, but those teams were not very good and he played against two great offenses (St. Louis and Arizona) one of the greatest defenses of the SB era (Tampa Bay) and i've got nothing for the Carolina loss except he threw 3 picks

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im glad the kolb era is going to start but the eagles are heckin retarted for sending him to a division rival.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

he wasnt that good againt the saints ? why because he threw a couple picks when he could do nothing but pass and that's what you're soley basing your opinion on with kolb ? :icon_eek:

so those nfcc game teams mcnabb played on weren't that good now? was that the issue ? hmmm, they were favored in three of them and the game was on the line in the final drive against the rams and he threw an int.

koy detmer ? hoying ? one was a career back-up and the other a band-aid, neither justifies keeping a guy who doesn't get it done. but hey let's just keep making excuses for the guy and use the tatic of fear by bringing up guys that have zero to do with anything. what's you're next lame repsonse, well you could have been the lions or raiders but at least you had mcnabb.

stop - mcnabb was a very good qb for us but he didn't get it done when it counted. the qb's play in the big games was an issue. there is no way you can deny that, not the only one but it was an issue and was a continuing issue which again showed against the cowboys in consecutive weeks to end last season last year.

you make it sound like we just shipped tom brady to the jets.

16. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

T.O. to the the 'Skins in 3....2...

17. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

enjoy 8-8 next year

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Let's try to keep it on topic gentlemen..."McNabb To The Redskins."

19. 1usctrojan

1usctrojan Guest

I would omit the term "gentlemen", no one will know who you are talking to.

20. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I was SHOCKED when I read this Monday morning in the paper (the last two days of passover prevented me from being on the computer from Sunday till now). I think it's a huge thumbs up for the Redskins and a kind of dumb move for the Eagles, trading him to a division foe for a not overwhelming offer.