A Re-Explanation Of The Changes Coming To The Site

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 16, 2010.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

if everyone would just freaking click
    we would be ok

/end of conversation

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

exactly. what does it take? 3 seconds? how freaking lazy do you have to be?:icon_evil:

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It's not vBulletin but some modifications that we use or want to use is an extra cost and they aren't part of vbulletin but are vbulletin compatible. The server cost is what the clicks would pay for.

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

I'd love to know how much this site costs to host a month, and how much CPU/bandwidth is used.

How many unique visitors a day during the season and off-season?

Yes it was. Thanks for providing something for me to do here.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

How do you become a site supporter? You can only be a site supporter if you donated after 3-19??? That's funny I donated 2-3 times before that and religiously use the one click a day. Guess I was too early with my donations to be a site supporter.

/rant

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  6. Alcohol_IV

You donate triple digits?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yup, three $1 bills.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Crowned we didn't have this mod set up before and yes it is new but we know that you were generous as well and in the end that's all that matters is that you helped us.

Alcohol, you need to just shut the hell up already, it doesn't matter if someone gives 5 bucks or 100 bucks we appreciate it all, and everyone gets a site supporter label now and I personally send everyone a heart felt thank you. People donate what they can and who are we to tell anyone how much they can afford, you know sometimes you can be so heartless and hurtful.

9. Alcohol_IV

Considering my most recent donation was in someone else's name, I don't think I'm as "heartless and hurtful" as you may believe. That person was (is?) unemployed at the time.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

and you're going to keep on reminding everyone here about YOUR donation, you aren't alone in donating, far from it and you haven't donated the most ever either, but you're totally missing the point as I knew you would. IT DOESN'T MATTER ON THE DONATION AMOUNT, IT'S THAT THEY DONATED IS WHAT COUNTS.

11. Alcohol_IV

I didn't say I was special, I just wanted to draw your attention to the fact I'm a Site Supporter and my favorite sections (Crossfire and the near-dead O&A sections) are being killed off, even though they take up a fraction of the space the post-tramp threads do.

The football stuff is just a bonus to me, and besides, how are you going to keep everyone clicking if you only focus on a sport that plays for 5 months a year? Even if you add the Draft for 6 months, what do you do to keep this site in people's daily visit list?

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We are MERGING the following forums into the Off-Topic forum:

* Crossfire
    * Entertainment Forum
    * Opie & Anthony/Ron & Fez Talk
    * Tournament Central
    * Newbie Central

now chill will ya

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

NFL news is the main focus of the site, NFL news happens all throughout the year.

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I will gladly refund you the god**mn donations if they'd shut you the hell up and ensure you wouldn't come back.

15. Alcohol_IV

Why bother merging them if you're going to have the same number of posts/threads and thus the same load on the server?

Could we keep just Crossfire out of the new Off Topic forum at least? The others I'll trade in this negotiation.

16. SRW

It's not about server load....it's about re-focusing the site so the main topic is FOOTBALL, not "What Alcohol-IV wants to talk about".

What negotiation? When was this a negotiation???

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Dude, negotiation?

Who the heck is negotiating anything with you?

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It's not that simple, I need my site supporter image. So If I donate anytime from now on It'll earn my that little thing that shouldn't be bothering me?

19. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Crowned you can have mine. What's the big damn deal?

20. SRW

Yes that is correct. We installed that modification on 3-18-10. The site now keeps track of who donated what.