Jared Allen Cut His Mullet

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by wide right, May 25, 2010.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Jared Allen did the a terrible thing this week, he cut his mullet. Apparently looking good for his wedding is more important than winning a Super Bowl. Samson lost all of his strength once his hair was cut, the same will happen to Jared Allen?

Source: Jared Allen Cut his Mullet

[​IMG]

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Awful news...

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This is horrible...:icon_cry:

4. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

OH NOES!!!!!!!!! SEASON IS OVER

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:francis:

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Crap happens. He is still an ugly mother hecker.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

His beauty on the field with a helmet on.

8. Gehring53

Gehring53 2008 National Champs

did he take the horns off his caddy too???

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I hope not.

And I hope it's their getaway car after the wedding.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

sad, you hate to see news like this.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he will suck now ............... the mullet is what gave him his power .................... sad

13. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

big freaking deal..so now he dont look to much like a goober ...:word04:

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's what happens when you have a wedding coming up...chicks will do crap like that to you...

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Did you have to cut your mullet when you got married WARD?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. I waited until after I was married to start growing it. Bait and switch...

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 86WARD again.

18. Jared Allen talks OTAs; mullet to return

Jared Allen created a stir Tuesday when the Vikings website revealed the Pro Bowl defensive end had shed his mullet in anticipation of his wedding this weekend but Allen also talked some football with Mike Wobschall of Vikings.com after taking part in a practice that was part of Organized Team Activities at Winter Park.

Allen, like many veterans, did not participate in OTAs last week when they opened but is in attendance for at least a portion of this week's work.

"It's kind of like a half-way point like when you have spring ball in college," Allen said. "It's nice to come out, get out [there]. We've all been working out for a couple of months. Test your conditioning to see where you're at. Get the rust off getting out of your stance, just kind of moving. Some blocker recognition. Just so when you show up to training camp it hasn't been four or five months since you've seen certain blocks. Just basically kind of keeps things fresh.

"I always go about it a certain way. I always work on stance and get offs. To me it's not real competitive for person on person, it's just doing my routine to get me ready for training camp. But as far as the rookies go it's good for them to get in here and learn what they need to do and have some of that competition to adapt to the speed that's going to be out at training camp."

Allen said he "absolutely" feels this situation provides him the opportunity to be a mentor to the rookies.

"I was a rookie once myself and Eric Hicks [a veteran at the time with the Chiefs], I remember I asked him question after question," Allen said. "He really took me under his wing and showed me how to be a pro and really the ins-and-outs and the little things that happen in the league. It's always good to see the rookies that want to learn and want to enhance their skills and so absolutely I have no problem if some guy asks me how would I do this?"

By the way, it sounds as if Allen's mullet won't be gone for the long term. He will marry Amy Johnson this weekend in Chicago and then, according to a tweet by Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, Allen will work on growing the mullet back.

Minneapolis Star-Tribune

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Long live the mullet!