Panthers Sign WR Armani Edwards To A Four-Year Contract

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sweets, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Panthers are about to reduce their remaining workload again, as they're set to sign third-round pick Armanti Edwards as soon as this afternoon, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations. That would give them eight of their 10 draft picks under contract, with only second-round QB Jimmy Clausen and third-round WR Brandon LaFell to go and three weeks before the first practice (July 29). Edwards will sign a four-year deal, with approximately $710,000 in signing bonus. The 89th overall pick in the draft, the Panthers gave next year's second-rounder to New England to obtain him in a draft-day trade. The converted QB from Appalachian State impressed during spring practices, but will be getting his first taste of live receiver work since his junior year of high school when the Panthers report to training camp.

Source: Charlotte Observer

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Are they just not going to sign Clausen?

3. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Who's Clausen?

4. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Typical Raiders fan. JIMMY CLAUSEN IS THE QB THE CAROLINA PANTHERS DRAFTED WITH THE 48TH OVERALL PICK IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm sure that's exactlywhat they are thinking with this signing...

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Stop derailing threads. This thread is not about Clausen.

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Your mom's not about Clausen.

BA-ZING!

1 person likes this.
  8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

BANNED!

Anyways, I really liked watching this guy play ball. I hope they utilize all of his assets and versatility.