Vikings QB Brett Favre To Announce His Retirement

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Aug 3, 2010.

1. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

ok again what is the difference between this team and the team in 2008 that won the division?

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

True story.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Did you not read?

4. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

O but ESPN was very watchable when tracy porter and drews brees rods was in everyones mouth???...and still is actually.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

correction...Drew Brees

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

After the super bowl, and the Sports Illustrated commercial came on, congratulating Saints fans, they had just won the super bowl... CBS Was un-watchable. Felt like I had been puked on, hahaa :)

The difference between this team and the 2008 vikings team that made the playoffs.. it took a great ending to the season to make the playoffs that year, after a 5-5 start. This time the Packers are not going to go 6-10, and the Bears should be better, and I would say the Lions aren't going to go 0-16 again.. so your division is stronger, and you had people knowing they was coming to play at the beginning of the season at QB, instead of dudes whos mind set has been oh this is brett's team.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This sucks, I could have played the Favre drinking game but I have work.

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

it's called being the SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

8. Saintsfan1972

BTW....i don't believe for a second he's not coming back.

when he's not on the field sept 9th....i'll believe it

9. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

lol it doesnt really matter to the saints anyway...a W is comin ya way either way it goes...and i dont remember seeing all this when the Steelers where the SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS.

10. Saintsfan1972

actually it does matter to a lot of saints fans.....we want him behind center sept 9th at 100% so we can settle this...win or lose

we didn't see it from them because they need a dump truck to haul around all there Lombardi's.....lol....this is our first

11. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I bet they wouldnt have been talking about the vikings this much if they would have won...and i would b willing to put my life on it. The world is just a big ball of saints fans lol. But you guys had him at 100% and beat him..nothing else to prove. Now if the refs arent on the payroll and he doesnt get hit dirty and you win, then we can say everything was even and you guys are better, but i think the saints are better anyway.

12. SoDev

This ain't over yet!!!!!! WHwoOT WhOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :headspin:

http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/status/20237628019

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  13. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

if he comes back there is no way he will do as good as last time...for brett i think that was the best he can do, so if he does come back he is gonna be hurt so idk if i want him to come back, only for madden really. Shoulda picked up Mcnabb...darn

14. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I'd like to know the real source for this. Ryan Longwell talked to Favre this morning and he didn't say anything. Childress claims Favre hasn't said anything to him.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Eight pages? Seriously?

This is the exact reason this drama queen drags this crap out every year, because everyone makes such a freaking spectacle out of it.

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

When a player of Favre's caliber retires it is a spectacle. No matter how many times the boy cries wolf.

1 person likes this.
  17. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

This

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

There is still plenty of time to re-retire before the season starts

19. SoDev

WEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEeeeeEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *goes streaking through the thread* :moe:

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Favre should have had an hour long show on ESPN in which he'd tell us he's retiring. Somewhere, Lebron is thanking 6 pound, 8 ounce baby Jesus.

But onto football. I wouldn't be shocked to see him either stay retired or un-retire. It is kind of fishy that the coach and fellow players didn't hear anything from him about it. You do have to admit though, it is INCREDIBLY annoying how all this is happening and it has to have some sort of tarnish on his squeaky clean legacy. He's hecked over 2 teams and now looks to add a 3rd if this is true.