Week 4 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Oct 5, 2010.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

It's barely October and there is only 1 undefeated team left? Now THAT is parity.

The Steelers stumbled and we have a new #1 team in the formula.

#1 Jets (3-1) 45.05 -- Most talented team in the league

#2 Steelers (3-1) 44.09 -- Ben is coming back just in time

#3 Chargers (2-2) 39.75 -- They need to be consistent

#4 Chiefs (3-0) 29.52 -- True tests come over next 2 games

#5 Falcons (3-1) 28.46 -- Got lucky to beat the 49ers?

#6 Giants (2-2) 26.50 -- Why can't their d-line perform like that every week?

#7 Ravens (3-1) 25.06 -- Have beaten the top 2 teams in the formula.

#8 Packers (3-1) 24.48 -- I'm only interested in how they are playing in January

#9 Colts (2-2) 22.63 -- Weird game. they will move on.

#10 Bengals (2-2) 22.47 -- It's the T.O. Show

#11 Cowboys (1-2) 21.57 -- We will see if they can be consistent

#12 Broncos (2-2) 14.20 -- Receivers are all-world

#13 Patriots (3-1) 6.89 -- Another weird game. Still not sold on this team

#14 Buccaneers (2-1) 6.30 -- Will they continue to scrap out some wins?

#15 Saints (3-1) 5.30 -- Maybe they'll get interested by Thanksgiving?

#16 Texans (3-1) 4.77 -- Good bounceback win

#17 Eagles (2-2) 1.90 -- Vick is reportedly out this week. Eagles lose.

#18 Dolphins (2-2) 0.84 -- Back to back home losses against divisional opponents on prime time. Ouch.

#19 Bears (3-1) -1.32 -- Mulligan?

#20 Titans (2-2) -5.30 -- I don't think their talent level is quite there yet.

#21 Vikings (1-2) -5.51 -- Will Favre get on a roll again?

#22 Rams (2-2) -7.95 -- They are a scrappy young bunch

#23 Redskins (2-2) -8.48 -- They have some talent

#24 Raiders (1-3) -9.01 -- Most disappointing defense in a long time

#25 Browns (1-3) -13.78 -- I said from week 1 that they were playing tough and they finally got a win

#26 Lions (0-4) -23.85 -- Hill has done fine but they need Stafford

#27 49ers (0-4) -27.03 -- Defense and ST played much better this week

#28 Seahawks (2-2) -28.09 -- If they could just play all 16 games at home

#29 Jaguars (2-2) -34.45 -- Eeked out a win but not very good overall

#30 Cardinals (2-2) -45.05 -- If Whiz can get to .500 with this bunch, he should win coach of the year

#31 Panthers (0-4) -51.41 -- Trainwreck

#32 Bills (0-4) -64.13 -- See Panthers ​

1 person likes this.
  2. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I know I'm going to offend chiefs fsns here but you can't rank kc this high yet. They're having a great year through 3 games but they still have a lot to prove

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I love where the Cards are...hehehe

4. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I'm not offended...and I tend to agree...now, if the Chiefs come out and play as well against the Colts as they did the Niners, and win that game...that's another story...and I think we can beat them, the team just has to do it all together...meaning play well in all phases of the game. Our offense really didn't do much at all the first 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to see them do as well against the Colts as they did against the Niners. But really, if we win even one of the next 2 games (and most people expect us to lose them both), then I'll be happy with that. :icon_cheesygrin:

5. CaptainStubing

you have to keep in mind that this way of ranking has no preconceptions or assumptions about any team. it simply measures results on the field and the chiefs have gotten the job done on the field this year.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I was gonna say the same. Their isnt a team in the league that has played better football to this point then the Chiefs imo.

1 person likes this.
  8. CaptainStubing

yep, your giants skyrocketed after an impressive win against a quality opponent.

yep, this formula doesn't care if the chiefs have been bad prior to this season or that the saints won the sb last year. it just looks at the results in the games of THIS season.

9. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Chiefs offense doing well against the Colts won't make them look quite so legitimate either really.. given the way they've played. At least not in my opinion, honestly. Just sayin'.

Beyond that, this confuses me sometimes from a logical standpoint. I fail to see how the formula works how it does in the case of certain teams, but it is what it is I suppose!

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agreed.

I think the Steelers could come down a spot or two after the defenses performance on Sunday. Think the Chargers are way too high imo. Ravens should be higher. Pack higher...

Don't necessarily think these are the top three teams but based on overall performance the three teams that should be in quote, unquote talking Super Bowl conversations through the first quarter are Baltimore, New York Jets and Pittsburgh...imo.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can you post the formula again Captain?

12. CaptainStubing

Yes, sir.

 Wins
     Losses
     Strength of Opponent
     Home Field Advantage
     Margin of Victory
     Yards gained
     Yards allowed

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm getting little boxes in front of each line ... ? Any clue what that is?

14. CaptainStubing

they are mind-control visual effects............ you are now under my power and are a Raven fan ................ they are just bullet points to segregate the items in the list.

15. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Why do some of you question the rankings trying to adjust teams spots. It's a fun lil power rank based on statistics only. It is what it is, not adjustments necessary.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...didn't work this time...

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like to post my opinion of where teams should be to spur discussion. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Captains. He's got a formula behind his...I just have opinion behind mine...:icon_cool:

18. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I like it better when power ranks have us in the lower half of the top ten - we play better there.

19. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Still way too early to make conclusions. This all can and probably will change.

2009 Giants: started 5-0, finished 8-8.
    2009 Titans: started 0-6, finished 8-8.

20. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It's not a conclusion, it's basic statistic math.

1 person likes this.