Work Being Done On The Site

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Oct 10, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

We are going to be riding the current settings over the weekend and slowly adding one by one a modification to test the site's resources while the Award modification is turned off. In theory the site should run the same but if there are issues rest assured they will be dealt with ASAP.

2. SRW

I just reset the setting on the quick reply so it works without having to click on anything to activate it. It shouldn't affect the site in a bad way but if anyone has any issues with the site, by all means please post them so I can check it out.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Love it!

4. SRW

I am also testing videos right now so feel free to try to post from sites you normally use. I know so far YouTube works. DailyMotion is not working correctly but the mod's author has not updated that site and is aware of the issue. Break.com though is not working and the last issue anyone had with that was in May.

5. SRW

Update:

The Awards modification has been removed from the site.
    The Facebook Connect modification was turned back on.

6. Coolness....:peace:

7. SRW

358 guests on the site an no slow down on my end.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

At what point (guest numbers) would the site normally slow?

9. SRW

We have not had over 240 visitors on at one time this year. We usually saw issues once we passed the 200 mark. Having no slowdown at 358 was great.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Working full speed for me too

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

12. SRW

And ollysj usually has a hard time with being in Germany and using Internet Explorer.

13. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

everything has been smooth for me....well done!

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Yeah, all those lil' bits have to dive thru the Altantic ocean :icon_cheesygrin:

On a sidenote, I quitt on IE since the latest version is nothing but an unsecure piece of crap and changed to FF.

15. SRW

You have finally seen the light! olly toted the IE line for as long as I can remember. Great to see you finally let go!

16. No probs here.....:peace:

17. SRW

Good to hear. Right now I am in a bit of a holding pattern while I wait for a support question to be answered by a couple mod authors and the site's host.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

sEEMS TO BE WORKING MUCH BETTER THAN LAST WEEK.

19. SRW

Currently there is 373 visitors on the site. Seems to be working fine on my end. Anyone else?

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Gravy on my end