Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chubz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

I'm sure this type of thread is beat to death, but it's fun to debate. I think anything after 4 is debateable. Newer guys like Ryan, Schaub and Flacco make it tough because their really is only a 2 year sample to base it off of.

Here is my list:

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Phillip Rivers
    5. Big Ben
    6. Aaron Rodgers
    7. Eli Manning
    8. Tony Romo
    9. Matt Schaub
    10. Matt Ryan

Guys on the bubble:
    McNabb and Flacco

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. If Eli gets another ring....he most certainly deserves to be in the Top 5.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ben is above Rivers. Rodgers is above Rivers...imo.

4. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Ben does have two rings but Rivers is a better QB. I know Rivers has no rings but he's won some big games. I can't put Rodgers above Rivers

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

How's Rivers a better QB? Roethlisberger has 2 Rings, won bigger games and has a 3-1 record versus Rivers head up. Statistically, Rivers may be better but as an overall QB and leader, Roethlisberger is far and away better.

6. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Big Ben had a horrible first Superbowl, made up for it in the Second. But Rivers, talent wise..is a better QB.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Super Bowl game he was bad. The games leading up to it, he was great. Like I said, Rivers may be better mechanically and statistically, but Ben's the better overall package imo.

8. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

If I'm starting a franchise right this second, I'm taking Ben as my QB over Rivers. That's my take on that debate. I'd probably take Rodgers too. Rivers is great, don't get me wrong, but I'd still take the other two first.

I still think Eli is overrated.

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I don't know if it's the multi faceted defenses being thrown up there now days, but really there isn't that many top QB's in the NFL. I feel 1 and 2 are in their own class, 3-4-5 in their own group, 6 and 7 I'd take if the others weren't available ,and the rest I wouldn't feel comfortable driving down the field to win the game when we need it. 32 teams and so few good QB's is pathetic.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Brady being at the #2 spot is debatable nowadays as well.

11. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Homer says: Flacco > Romo & (debatably) Matt Ryan

12. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

He's as good as he was in 07 without as good a team. Last year he struggled early coming back from no training camp off the injury. Arm looks great this year, and he's still the last guy in the NFL you want to have the ball, when you need a score to win a game. We have a new guy from another team replacing Faulk, Tate still learning the wide out, all new ends, and now Branch back to replace Moss. This will take some time to get all of this tuned, but we are still putting up very good Offensive numbers. I expect Brady to really tear it up the last 1/2 of the season.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The problem with your list.... like so many of these stupid lists is that you don't say what your basing it on? Who you would want on your team right now? Best career thus far? Best projected career?

An additional problem is your rampant homerism and over-weighting of having a ring. I am not saying that having a ring is meaningless but crapty QBs have rings and great QB's don't.

14. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

depends on how he gets his second Ring
    case in point to what I replied to BBB with

Ben didn't earn the first ring so you can't argue him being better than anyone else due to that first super bowl

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They wouldnt have sniffed the SB that year without Rothlisberger

16. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

your point? plenty of other teams that did great in the playoffs but failed in the Super Bowl. yet played better than Ben in his first Super Bowl, should they get a Ring cause they got their team to the Super Bowl?

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yes please :icon_cheesygrin:

18. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

lol

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

might I add getting a Ring does not make you better than another person in the same position

Unless you consider Tommy Maddox is better than Dan Marino?

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Um, my point is basicly that the Steelers wouldn't have sniffed the Super Bowl, or even playoffs for that matter if not for Rothlisberger

I seriously dont get why the dude gets crucified for that game

1 person likes this.
  20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Because he played like crap and the other team would have won without atrocious and suspect officiating.