Redskins Sign QB Donovan McNabb To 5-Year Contract Extension

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Donovan McNabb has reportedly agreed to a five-year contract extension with the Redskins worth $78 million, according to ESPN's Michael Smith. The deal includes $40 million in guaranteed money and could balloon to $88 million total if McNabb secures all the bonuses included. McNabb, 33, was set to become a free agent at the end of the 2010 season -- a possibility that looked more and more likely in recent weeks, especially when McNabb was benched late in a loss at Detroit in favor of Rex Grossman. Instead, McNabb now appears locked in as the Redskins' starting QB for both the present and near future. The Redskins traded a 2010 second-round draft pick and a conditional 2011 pick to Philadelphia in April to secure McNabb's services.

Source: NFL Fanhouse

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Oh snap! Didn't see that coming with recent events. Good for McNugget, and now the skins didn't wast the pick.

3. Motherhecker.....just about to post it when the freaking site wouldn't load. lol

Word Dev.....especially after his benching and those pathetic explanations by the Shanahan's.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Well, crap! I was hoping for my favorite player's sake that he'd get to go to better team next year. Not to mention I don't relish having to face him 2x a year for several years. Happy for him for the money though.
    So does this mean Shanahan is going to Dallas?

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

phigles, arent you supposed to be voting for mcnabb to go to the pro0bowl 10,000 times so the eagles get a 3rd round pick ?

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I have given myself carpal tunnel doing so but I am confused....there's a 3rd round pick involved? :icon_cheesygrin:

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:rollinglaugh: :buttrock:

8. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Saw this coming

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

the conditional pick coming from the deal for the 2011 draft is a 3rd rounder if he makes the pro-bowl, i believe a 4th if he does not.

have to admit i wondered if he would sign an extention in D.C. & from what i hear this offer was on the table since october.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I know the terms. I was making a joke.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

p**is

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yes, I have given myself carpal tunnel with that too

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

They both have won the same amount of super bowls since Brady got caught cheating. :icon_cheesygrin:

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

holy crap. $40 mill guaranteed for a guy they don't think can run their 2 minute offense.......... ????

16. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ya seriously. I dont wanna say for sure cuz i dont really know but hasnt mcnabb been pretty average this year?

17. This may clear the air a little.....

Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

This probably occurred before his benching in Detroit.

18. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

TO is just going to love hearing this news.

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wow I heard he wanted farve type money

I didn't think this was gonna happen

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top