Albert Haynesworth Willing To Take Less Money To Play For The Eagles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is willing to take less money to play for new Eagles defensive line coach Jim Washburn again. Haynesworth had his best seasons under Washburn in Tennessee, and the Eagles are expected to make finding a playmaking defensive lineman an offseason priority. A healthy, motivated Haynesworth would make defensive end Trent Cole that much more dangerous. This all assumes that Haynesworth is released rather than traded. Washington will try to get something for him first.

Source: USA Today

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

If they added Haynesworth to that line I know who I'm taking to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl next year. (If there's football.)

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Hmmm.. That could be interesting. That Dline would be really scary.

4. Haynesworth would be rejuvenated playing in a 4-3. He seemed like a non-factor every time we played against him in Washington.

I still like our chances to win the NFC East in 2011 but that race next season would get a whole lot more interesting if the Eagles acquired Haynesworth......

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It figures that there may not be a season next year with all of the potential improvements the Eagles could make.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Your avatar would instantly take on new meaning.

7. Didn't the Eagles retire #92 in honor of Reggie White?

Although Haynesworth would be the most dominate presence on the defensive line they had since White.......

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yup. Alongside Jerome Brown's #99.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I thought Ndamukong Suh already called dibs?

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Yea, I've always been thinking that if there is a lockout it will suck a lot more for fans of teams with the potential to win now vs. teams with no shot anyway.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

WTF ! no respect for warren sapp ? that is bullcrap man. :icon_evil:

oh wait, that's right, ray rhodes thought mike mamula was going to re-write the history books so he drafted him instead. :icon_sad:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Makes sense. Dude got way too much in Washington to play very little. Only makes sense to balance the universe that he be a Pro-Bowler with the Eagles and get paid less.