49ers Coach Jim Harbaugh Feels QB Alex Smith Can Be A Winner

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Last week, new 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh said he wasn’t into “absolutes†and would make “a great evaluation of the quarterbacks on the current roster and those that are out there that we could bring to the 49ers.†On Friday, he reiterated that the Niners “would uncover every stone†in finding a quarterback. But he also indicated that he’d started his evaluation of Smith and his initial review was favorable. “So excited, yeah, I’m going to say it, I’ve been studying Alex Smith and watching him and I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning quarterback in the National Football League,†Harbaugh said. “I’m excited to work with him, get to know him.†Harbaugh went on to say that he’s talked with Smith and other players about having a “clean slate†with the new coaching staff. And he also acknowledged that Smith might choose to get a completely fresh start with a new franchise after six turbulent seasons in San Francisco. “Ultimately, he has to make a decision because he’s an unrestricted free agent right now,†Harbaugh said. “And what is his vision for himself? Does that include the San Francisco 49ers in that vision? And, like I said, we’re going to try to strengthen that position and get us to training camp in the best possible position we can be in.â€

Source: Press Democrat

2. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He's had what 5 years to try and be a winner, maybe a little bit of consistency in offensive coordinators and coaching and he could be but I doubt it. Just another successful product of the spread offense in college.

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Wow well if he brings smith back i hope hes right....dude is incredibly inaccurate.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Come on Jimmy...

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cut the freaking cord already damn it!!!!

6. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Alex starts week 1, Sweets has an aneurism.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Right now I'm soooo NOT looking forward to week 1...:icon_sad:

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Smith has been a bust ever since he entered the league. and I dont expect for him to get much better

9. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Think Rodgers is still upset that he didnt get selected 1st overall in 2005??

10. Lady Big Cat Lover

Lady Big Cat Lover Cats Meow

Yeah, how many 2nd chances should anyone get? Hmmmm? Would be funny if Alex
    actually faired better with another team, wouldn't it??

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

If Jamarcus ever became a legit qb on any other team I don't think I'd find it very amusing at all. I'd still want his head.