Former RB Tiki Barber Files Papers To Come Out Of Retirement

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to MAXX Sports & Entertainment, former New York Giants running back Tiki Barber has filed papers with the National Football League to come out of retirement. Barber, who'll turn 36 in April, has been out of football since retiring following a 2006 season where he gained 1,662 yards and 5 touchdowns on his way to a third straight Pro Bowl. A second-round pick (36th overall) in 1997 out of the University of Virginia by the Giants, Barber gained 10,449 yards and 55 touchdowns, with 586 receptions for 5,183 yards and 12 touchdowns during his 10-year career with the Giants. Since retiring, Barber has worked as a correspondent for NBC's "Today" show and Football Night in America, and made headlines last Spring after leaving his wife, who was pregnant with twins, for a 23-year old former NBC intern. Barber's contract with NBC was not renewed last year, and the New York Post reported last summer that Barber claimed he was broke and couldn't pay his divorce settlement.

Source: macsfootballblog

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:shocker::Loco:

I'm sure Ronde is doing the same thing I am....

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I guess if that child support is breathing down your neck you gotta make a move lol

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Awesomeness!! lol...come on Tiki. I thought you fulfilled your football career and it was time to move on so you could play with the grandkiddies...

Guess times are tough now that you know your not the next Matt Lauer...

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Who's going to be the sucker that signs him?

6. MRAVEN

MRAVEN 1st Stringer

The Tiny Tyrant from DC will be all over this....Skins will sign him before the ink is dry on his out-of-retirement papers.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's the Giants property until they release him and I think it's a safe bet they won't welcome him back...lol.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Just heard on the radio the Giants released their rights to Tiki. They don't even want him back.

9. MRAVEN

MRAVEN 1st Stringer

'Ol Danny Boy's gonna have nightmares....Plex or Tiki,Plex or Tiki...heck it sign 'em both.

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Can't wait to see this hahaha.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I couldn't imagine they thought twice about it...lol...

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

A 35 year old former runningback who hasn't played the game in 4 years. NO THANK YOU!

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Fassel's calling for him in the UFL...lol. He should know Tiki's ego won't go got that...

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

His ego can't pay the freaking bills...he needs to check his ego at the door.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah but phigles said everything tiki said was right.

which explains the parade the giants had the year after tiki said those things.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Nice selective memory as usual

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Tiki caught grief when he said Coughlin is a crumpy old pr**k who takes the fun out of playin football and Eli is a crapty leader that many players don't respect. What is wrong with either statement? He certainly isn't the first or last to say either of them and the fluke SB a year later has rod to do with either statement.