2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Alright, here are the rules of the game. The most important thing to keeping this moving along is to PM the person who has the pick following yours after you have made your pick.

Rules of the game:
    - Each person will be allotted 4 hours to make their pick.

- Overnight between 12AM and 8AM PT will be "off clock" times. You may make a pick in that time if you wish to, but no deadline will be hit until 12pm PT the next day. For example, if the person ahead of you makes their pick at 9:30PM PT, your clock won't run out at 1:30AM PT. At 12AM the clock stops, and at 8AM it restarts with 4 hours on it.

- If you miss your pick in your 4 hour window, the next persons clock starts, your pick will be put up for grabs, and your pick may be made by any game participant.

***** After you make your pick selection, please post in the thread the next person who is on the clock AND PM him as well.****

- Please, no mentioning of players who have not been picked yet, but feel free to discuss the picks that have been made.

- If you think you're going to miss your pick, you can PM me the players you are targeting andI'll try and make the pick for you.

Alright, that's it. Let's make it happen. I randomized the available teams and assigned them in the order you joined.

1. AJ - Patriots, Cardinals, Bears
    2. CStevenson13 - Ravens, Chiefs, Packers
    3. adammwilson - Titans, Bucs, Bills
    4. mj1987us26 - Dolphins, Bengals
    5. misfitz - 49ers, Jaguars
    6. Snowman - Browns, Falcons
    7. SRW - Saints, Redskins
    8. 86WARD - Steelers, Seahawks
    9. mike oxlong - Eagles, Chargers
    10. Starkiller501 - Panthers
    11. BigBlueBruiser - Giants, Lions
    12. OPEN - Rams, Jets
    13. Jihad Joe - Cowboys, Texans
    14. cpgobrowns - Vikings, Broncos
    15. Inclulbus - Colts, Raiders

Okay,so Im going to PM everyone involved, and start the clock Sunday at noon, if that works. Lets do this! If anyone who's on the site alot wants to help out with modding this game (making absentee picks, putting overtime picks up for grabs, etc.), holler at me. I'm on a lot but not all the time.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

If a mod could change the thread title to "2011" instead of "2010" it would be much appreciated. I've been cruising around in my time machine all day and must have lost track of where I stopped. My bad.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Done. Now about that time machine.....is it for rent?

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm afraid not. You wouldn't believe the insurance on that thing.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Crap I forgot the Raiders hahaha. Anyone want em?

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

7. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I'll take whoever is left.

8. I used to rock this crap when I was in Madden leagues back in the day.

Let's do this. :icon_cool:

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

shouldn't there be a pick thread and a discussion thread?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yes. Absolutely.

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

ill take a team, if any is left, jussayin'.

12. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

With the !st overall pick in the Gridironfans.com Mock draft, the Carolina Panthers select Patrick Peterson CB LSU

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

You can obviously choose whoever, but I don't think AJ has started the clock yet. And the rules say you should also post who's on the clock next, and pm that member, FYI.

AJ- so will cpgobrowns go on the clock at 12 PST now that he's made the Panthers pick already? And are we going to have a seperate discussion thread?

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah a seperate thread will be created.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Okay, I was out of town and just got home, I was going to start this today at noon but it's a little late. I'll be a lenient on the 4 hour window at first until everyone figures out this is up and running, but after that if you show up 2 minutes late and someone already swooped your pick, you're going to be SOL. I'm PMing Starkiller right now, his clock will start at 2PM PT.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHz8ft56lQQ]YouTube - Its time . UFC Bruce Buffer It's Time Inro[/ame]

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Okay disregard my post, I see that Starkiller already made his pick, that's fine. PLEASE POST WHO IS NEXT OTC AND PM THAT MEMEBER AS WELL. Anyone consistently fails to do that and I'll give away their teams.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

As soon as the pick is made the next person is on the clock.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Axion, I would suggest starting another thread for just the picks (and update the first post as we go along) and leave this for the discussion. Otherwise, it's going to be really difficult for everyone to follow...

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The picks and the first post in this thread need to be in the same thread so that when someones making their pick they can look at whos been taken and make their pick without having to switch back and forth between threads. What we need to do is move all this pointless chit-chat into another thread and leave this one as being what the title says it is, the Mock Draft Pick thread.