2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's what I am saying. Just start a fresh one with the picks and where people can make the picks. This one can be used for discussion.

2. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Denver's pick is ready to go whenever you get the new thread started how you want it. I'll just post it there.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

4. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I pm'd starkiller. I just didn't post it.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No worries, Im just trying to make sure people get it, it wasn't necessarily directed at you. When the PM chain stops is when this crap starts beaking down and people get annoyed and quit. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN SOMEONE ELSE MADE MY PICK 15 HOURS AGO, I NEVER GOT A PM!!! FREAK THIS CRAP IM OUT!!!!

Or else I have to do all the PM's which is when I get annyoyed and quit. :icon_cheesygrin:

"

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

This

Ive dont quite a few of these and similar drafts.

Its always best to have like 3 people running

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Already a hecked draft. I didn't realize we were picking who we want and not how we think the draft will go. If Starkiller really thinks that Carolina will take Peterson, then he needs his other teams stripped from him and given to others.

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Guess i'll get the discussions started, as much as a stud Peterson is i think its difficult to take a corner here, i dont feel like Carolina has the luxury of doing so imo. Dareus is a very good pick for Denver, gives them an impact 43 tackle to start the adjustment to the new D.

9. mike oxlong

I thought this thing was supposed to start at noon pacific time. almost 4 hours and only 2 picks made, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the draft.

If anyone feels like they won't be around for their pick, feel free to email me a list of picks. It really helps it move along and keeps people from getting skipped.

10. mike oxlong

exactly, as much as taking Cam would be a mistake (I don't think Cam is an NFL QB) taking peterson would be a more stupid move. The money they would have to pay him would be insane, they would still have their biggest needs yet to be addressed. Basically, they won't take Peterson. They should take Fairley or even Green ahead of Peterson, but they most likely will take Cam.

Denver should be taking Fairley, but will likely take Dareus, "word" is they are enamored with him. I just hope for their sake, it's not another Suh vs McCoy deal, because with all the Hype that McCoy was getting leading up to the draft to overtake Suh, we all know who was better. Fairley is a beast and plays with a nasty streak which is needed to be a truly dominant DT in the NFL.

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yea i def agree, i think Fairley has gotten over critiqued since he dominated the national championship because of the Suh debate. The legit knocks on Fairley is that his technique and pad level is a bit sloppy and his motor runs hot and cold. These are two things that can be fixed with coaching and pro conditioning, i think he's gonna be a stud.

12. mike oxlong

If Fairley drops to the Cowboys, I will be pissed. Honestly, I would love for the Eagles trade to go through for Kolb and their first for Arizona's first and we get Fairley at 5. I would LOVE that.

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I feel the same way about te first pick. Peterson is the best player and the one starkiller would wisely want if he owned/ran the team, but he's not going first overall, period. He's picking for the Bills also, I hope this thing doesn't go ridiculously askew before it even gets a chance.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

And you can approach your draft however you want, whether you want to make the pick you think the team you are managing WILL make or the one you think they SHOULD make. Starkiller can pick Peterson if he wants to, that's his prerogative.

Also, this isn't meant to go down all in one day, especially if we go deep in the draft. We've got over a month to do it if you want to look at it like that, and it's not realistic to have all 14 people on here at the same time. You're going to have to be patient.

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Went with Jones. I flipped a coin between him and Green.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

5th pick and I already didn't like my options lol. I dont care what the Cards would do, but no way would I touch any of the qb's here, and I couldn't quite talk myself into players that are bordeline (IMO) for their schemes. I like Prince a lot and I think their having two good corners is going to improve their D far more than having an improved rush and one decent corner would.

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

If the draft were to play out the way it has here, I would 100% expect the Browns to trade out of this pick with both QBs still on the board. The Vikings would be a sensible partner and could have their choice, which could be worth an extra second rounder, a valuable commodity to a team with significant holes like Cleveland.

However, staying at 6 makes AJ Green the obvious pick. I would prefer Julio Jones here; I think he needs a little more work but has a higher ceiling and would be a great fit for the Browns' new offense. Trading down would make sense for a front seven player, and even though defensive end is their greatest need and is tempting, Green is the pick at 6 in this scenario.

18. mike oxlong

only giving people 4 hours seems like a rush to me. What if you're next and it's 7:00pm and you go out for the night, and then dude before you makes a pick at 7:30 and that means at 11:30 you get skipped. If you are truly not in a rush then there should be no time limit. Once it gets closer, then you impose a time limit.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I thought you were in a big heck-all rush to get things moving along faster, now you want your pick time extended? Make up your mind. If you can't make your pick, it's put up for grabs, and someone else takes it, well then I'm sorry but you're out of luck. You'll have another pick coming up soon enough. Also, ifyou go over 4 hours you aren't excluded from making your pick, but if someone else wants to they can. If you come back in 8 hours and nobodys made your pick then you're welcome to make the selection.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  20. mike oxlong

nice, Well I work during the day with limited internet access and If my pick comes up before 6-7pm pacific time, it's likely I will get skipped, I never wanted to be in a rush, it just seemed like the 4 hour clock meant you wanted to get this moving fast as there was never a vote on a time limit or anything. I just think there shouldn't be a time limit because pretty much everyone who works will get skipped during the day. and then it will be a mock of a few people, but whatever, I didn't make the rules.