2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Blaine Gabbert has to be the next pick at No. 12.

2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

^I sure hope so, how else will i get a player to fall to 26? lol

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I had the easiest two picks in the draft.

4. CStevenson13

Yea Gabbert at 12 was a lay up, Minny has been very vocal about trying to get a young franchise type signal caller.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Andy82 needs to redo his pick, Julio Jones was off the board.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He redid his pick. My pick was the DUH NO CRAP pick of the year.

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Damn, tons of DE's going off the Board, SD is definitely going DE/OLB to rush the passer as I see it and 5 DE's are already off the board. Looking at Watt and Jordan being taken ahead of them, I think they would be happy to get Kerrigan and put him at OLB. The guy isn't the most athletic, but he's a beast, consistent and smart and will give them a great pass rusher with an endless motor off the edge to pair with Phillips and English. Even Turner says that the Chargers are used to playing 3 or 4 OLB's and didn't like that Phillips had to play so many snaps last year. It will take time for Kerrigan to learn the OLB position, but with English and Phillips out there, they can let Kerrigan what he does best tackle for loss and create turnovers. As a rookie he won't be needed to drop out into coverage and will have the time to learn to position on the job.

8. guys- in terms of Free agent's what are we doing there? Are we assuming they will remain FA's and the teams won't resign them?

9. mike oxlong

I think it's a personal call for the team you are picking.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I was really considering Kerrigan with the pick before you.

11. mike oxlong

Kerrigan is actually a nice fit for what San Diego likes to do on D

12. Really wanted to take Martez Wilson but Pouncey was the better value at No. 19.

13. The Bucs took Carimi at 20.

Carimi is an ideal RT and the Bucs had a huge hole there. He is a great player.

I considered taking DE Justin Houston as well but thought the better value was Carimi.

14. CStevenson13

I took Justin Houston at 21, despite having some picture issues lol...

It was between him, Carimi and Phil Taylor. I felt they needed a pass rush threat opposite Hali a little bit more then a nose.

15. mike oxlong

it's been said a few times, but I'll post again, please refrain from talking about people who haven't been drafted yet. That was a rule set up by Axion.

16. I grabbed Nate Solder for the Colts. He is an athletic guy that can play LT and they need some help at the position.

17. Solder is perfect for a team like Indianapolis.......

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I don't understand the Bucs pick adam....Questions at CB now and a huge hole at DE.

Just my $.02

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

That Colts pick was a no-brainer

20. CB seems pretty solid to me. Idk about this whole Talib situation so I'm assuming that goes well.

EJ Biggers (sp?) played very well last year. Ronde is still there. Plus this draft is known to be deep at CB.

at DE I didn't see the value with Houston and I think I can get a good DE in rd. 2.

at OT it was Penn and a bunch of no names. Last years starter is a FA.