2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

thanks adam, was out with the fam.

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Fair enough. Thanks for the insight.

3. No Problem Man

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Yeah, like you guys didn't see that one coming. Easy pick. How can you not pick a 6'2" 210 CB who runs a 4.4 40 and absolutely blankets receivers. For a CB, that is special. Teams avoided throwing his way for a reason. It was obvious the Eagles needed help across the field from Samuel and could still address the need in FA and let Lindley develop, but FA didn't happen and that will change almost every team's outlook heading into the draft. Also taking into considerations, the NFC East has Hakeem Nicks, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant and whatever big receiver the Skins are supposed to pick makes Smith an even smarter choice. Also, not that I would pick them, but having Carimi, Solder and Pouncey all gone in this draft makes this pick even easier for the Eagles.

5. Smith is talented and since this draft is just for fun....I wouldn't have much problem with it.

But I wouldn't want him on my real life team. The Giants have had a lot of those character types in recent years. No more knuckleheads.

You do bring up a point about the size of the WR's in the NFC East. Smith would match up well with them.

I would mention whats his name but I'll respect A.J.'s rule of mentioning players that haven't been picked yet. But his program pedigree I would be very comfortable with plus he has great ball skills and footwork.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Went with Adrian Clayborn for the Saints. They have had a hole in their d-line since Charles Grant fizzled out and Clayborn would help fill that void. I see so much of Grant in Clayborn, I think it will be a good fit there.

7. mike oxlong

A confident cocky CB, yeah who wants that. Dude is a beast, plain and simple. He can run with anyone, he can cover anyone and has the confidence and skills to back up his words. Pedigree is one thing, but that doesn't mean it will translate to the field. That program is not the same program it once was and dude just doesn't measure up on any level to Smith.

8. mike oxlong

I could also see Clayborn going earlier, I think it's definitely a good pick.

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Only problem I see is now you could have two cornerbacks on the field that are light in the butt when it comes to playing the run. Samuel and Smith would have guards and fullbacks drooling to lay them out.

10. mike oxlong

vs the run is the only real negative in Smith's game, but his skills and potential to improve as well as being able to match size and speed vs the WR in the NFC east is too much to pass on.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

DT, Corey Liguet for the Seahawks. Thought about going QB there, but think there will be good value in Round 2 for a QB. With Mebane possibly leaving (placed a third round tender on him,) this would be a potential hole for the Seahawks and Liguet is great value at 25. I thought he'd be a good fit for the Colts...

12. and his tight hips

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

no homo.

14. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I love Smith, i would have grabbed him at 26 if was still on the board. With the whole Sergio Kindle thing last year im not sure if the Ravens would do the same if he was on the board at 26. From everything ive heard on his situation i do think the character issues are behind him but it is kind of difficult to spend a first rd pick if you have some doubts.

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I considered a lot of players with this pick including at least one different receiver, but I think it's most important for Atlanta to get some OL help and a secondary receiving target. Tony Gonzalez is declining and will catch fewer balls this year, and I've never seen Jenkins as a legit second option. A lot of the options I liked with this pick were at OL but were already selected.

Hankerson isn't a speed guy but he's long and runs good routes. I'm looking past the Stonehands comparison, because by going receiver with this pick, I had to choose someone with either questionable or very undersized hands. I went with the former and maybe reached a little bit for Hankerson.

16. CStevenson13

I went with Wilkerson at the 26th pick because we needed versatility and another impact player up front. Most of our defensive lineman are block eaters, he'd give us a guy who can anchor outside on run downs but kick inside on passing downs and get penetration.

17. mike oxlong

and wilkerson does seem to be rising on boards lately too.

18. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

wilkerson in a 3-4 is a perfect fit for him im so high on the guy its crazy!

19. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

the stone hands comparison was from the year before last he spent last years off season with Mark Duper working on hand eye coordination and route running. This year he had great hands unfortunately the year before was so bad that it still haunts him. Great pick in Hankerson i have him as the 3rd best wr and hes going to be good hes a hell of a worker and wants to be great

20. CStevenson13

I love Hankerson as well, he has big hands and its crazy how much he improved his hands in a yr. He has a knack for making plays down field, his route running is better then i thought and from everything i hear he's class guy.