2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. That or maybe he's really this stupid.

I can still take Carolina if need be.....maybe I can somewhat salvage this thing.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sure, heck it. Starkillers either trolling this or is too dumb to live, in either case, it's all yours.

3. Thanks man......I'll see what I can do with his remaining picks.

Would it be alright with everyone if I changed his last pick?

It's way too late to change the rest but maybe I can make his draft borderline decent the rest of the way starting with his early fifth. A lot better value than the kicker he picked.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Change it but easy with the personal attacks guys.

5. You can say that again......lol

Just picked up Jordan Todman for Carolina. Fills a need plus it's a value pick. A lot more so than a lousy kicker.

With DeAngelo Williams likely to leave via Free Agency......Carolina will still have an effective 1-2 punch in their backfield with Todman and Jonathan Stewart.

Todman actually reminds me a little of Williams. Both are about 5-9 but they both have a good frame and have pretty solid speed.

It's questionable picks like the ones starkiller has been making is why guys like Todman are still available at the top of the fifth round. Todman could go anywhere from the late second to the third round in the NFL Draft.

6. I grabbed Herzlich for the Bills. Dude is reaslly good even if he is slow and recovering from cancer. Fits in well ina 3-4.

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I went with Fusco for KC because Wiegmann is probably gonna play another year or so, They can groom him to take over. He has to get stronger but i think he plays with good technique and has a nastiness to him that will help at the next level.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Virgil Green for AZ. Gives them the pass-catching threat at TE that they've been lacking, but hes not much of a blocker. Should be a nice outlet to help ease Malletts transition into the league, and has the potential to develop into one of the better receiving TE's in the league if it all comes together. I like the players Ive gotten for AZ, but Im kindd of kicking myself for not going Oline earlier now...I hope "these" Cards get a FA market to work with for that.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I thought about going OLine with this pick, because the Browns right side is still a question. But they need defensive lineman just as bad or worse, and I like Ugo's pass rushing ability. He's got a nice frame, good quickness, and also what I like most in 43 ends: massively long arms.

Thanks for posting the pick AJ

10. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Went with Dion Lewis for KC, i thought he was great value at this point. He'll be the 3rd back and play on special teams in year 1 and then take over as the 2nd tailback when Thomas Jones is gone.

Also i had an idea, we should grade the draft once we are finished, see if we can reach out to some fans of the teams that didnt get involved to grade what they thought of what their teams got based on need, value, etc. The teams we cant get fans for just randomly assign amongst us.

11. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

12. love the idea stevenson.

13. grabbed Pierre Allen for the Titans. He is a good solid DE who should fit in nicely with the Titans rotation at DE.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Cecil Shorts will be a very effective slot WR, and could possible develope on the outside

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I rwad that the cowboys are interested in him

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Redskins only had 2 picks up to this point and only have a QB and WR between them. Thought DE, OLB and went with DE, Snyder likes to take old FA's, how about an old rookie at the ripe old age of 26. Honestly, this is one of the reasons that he won't be drafted higher as he is a big strong man that may not play as many years as his fellow draftees, but should be productive.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Rams just got a steal at a position of need. McClain is stout beast that showed what he can do at the east/west game and in the senior bowl when he replaced the injured stephen paea. It was even reported that at South Florida's pro day, Marinelli tried to wear out McClain, but couldn't do it, he was quote, in superb shape. Great pick for the Rams.

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Picked a QB that I feel would do well in a WCO. Plus he would give Henne competition.

19. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Got Pinkston for the Jags hes projected to switch to G in the NFL and with Eben Britton and Eugene Monroe hes will most definately move to G in Jacksonville. Hes projected by most draft sites and gurus as a 3rd round pick!

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Whoa jus tgot back and my pick was made and so was a bunch after that. I assume I am now out of the game?