2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

nah, I just made the pick as I was hoping it would get to Philly's pick tonight, I don't think you get booted unless you miss a bunch in a row. I hope you like the pick I made.

2. mike oxlong

I like the pick, I had him as my top rate OL left.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

My bad, I passed out exactly for the 4-5 hour window I had for the pick. No worries on the pick.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

making my pick now.

5. mike oxlong

Holy Crap, I just realized that Carpenter was still out there. I have seen this guy get a grade as high as second round. Likely will never be a LT in the NFL, but can play right tackle right away and boy can he open some run lanes, just ask Mark Ingram. Great pick for mid to late round 5.

6. little early for the Idaho QB imho. I do really like him as a sleeper guy though.

7. Got Toliver for the Bucs. This was more of a value pick. But Toliver is a great player and I was shocked to see him still available. He can play in the slot or make Benn play in the slot.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What happened to cpgobrowns' turn?

9. Inclulbus

ill pick momentarily, just woke up. got to piss, and grab a bite to eat real quick

10. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Might have been the steal of this draft, in hindsight i probably shout have grabbed him instead of Barksdale.

11. Inclulbus

pick is in.

12. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

i almost picked him over jacquizz good pick!

13. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Also really like that Blair pick for Washington, i think he'll at least be a good rotational 5 tech for a long time

14. mike oxlong

that was my thinking, and being that it was their first pick since round 2 and need help on the Dline the pick was really the only one to make as I saw it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  15. mike oxlong

Another great value pick for the Eagles, Conte is listed as a FS, but will fit in well as a SS in the Eagles system. He's tall and strong, not the most fluid, but won't be called upon to be a playmaker at the SS position, should do well against the run and has decent range and agility. The Eagles are very happy with the pick in the fifth round.

16. mike oxlong

Irving is not a bad pick for the redskins, it's just the 3 I's that get me, Inconsistency, Injury and Ignorance that get me. If he puts it all together, he could be a nice inside backer in their mostly 3-4 defense.

17. SRW

I was debating between Irving and Josh Bynes. I think Irving would have gone much earlier if it wasn't mainly for the injuries. He's a bit undersized but London Fletcher has played well in this scheme so that's no excuse. Irving's been on my mind since he had a great game vs Georgia Tech earlier this year. He was a stud, finished with something like 15 tackles and 2 sacks.

18. mike oxlong

He was also arrested 2 times in 6 months too, right?

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Seahawks back to back picks.

Greg Salas at WR. A bit of a project. Has good hands, not afraid to go over the middle. Definitely unpolished, could help the Seahawks receiving corps if he works on his route running.

Charles Clay at FB. Definitely though about Havili (Carroll's boy,) but the shoulder injury scares me a little. Seahawks are still missing Leonard Weaver. Clay's a good blocker and can catch, However, he does have a history of making mental errors resulting in dropped passes and missed assignments.

20. SRW

Who, Irving?