2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

NM, I got him confused with someone else in regards to the arrests.

2. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I knew I was going to be on the road for about 9 hours today so I PM'd it to adamwilson since he was picking behind me. He just posted it for me. (thanks aw)

3. I was targeting Clay in the sixth round.....wishful thinking. lol

Great pick. :icon_cool:

4. Picked up Lawrence Guy for the Jets......

Fits in perfect with Rex Ryan's defense.....can eventually take over for Shaun Ellis at 3-4 End. Can also play DT in a 4-3.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I was kind of hoping Guy would slip to my next NE pick...I almost just took him.

Also, Im a little late to the party, but Phillys Carpenter pick is disgusting. I had no idea he was even still on the board for some reason. I would have taken him with numerous picks before that if he hadn't gotten lost in the shuffle.

Also I dont think much of Conte, and Im a Cal fan. Good luck with him.

6. I agree.

Carpenter was amazing value when Mike took him.

I mocked Conte to the Chargers late in the third because of need. I don't see what San Diego sees in Bob Sanders. Damaged goods.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I took Noel Devine for the Steelers. Maybe a slight reach grabbing him in the 5th. I've seen him mostly projected in the 6th and some in the early 7's.

With Mewelde Moore most likely on the way out the door, Devine will add some competition for Redman and Jonathan Dwyer to share carries behind Mendenhall. Devine's been knocked for his size, but he's a fast, explosive runner that can get outside and burn. Wouldn't say he was much in the way of an inside runner. He's a reliable pass catcher. Most often compared to a Darren Sproles. I don't think his hands are quite as good as Sproles, but he's reliable. He'

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I went with Jackson for GB, they get a good pass blocker who has enough tools as a run blocker that once he's coached up some and adds some strength i think he can be a starter down the line.

9. Rob Housler has the potential to develop into a big weapon in the passing game. He has soft hands and excellent athleticism at the tight end position.

Offensive Coordinator Rob Chudzinski has experiencing coaching some of the better TE's in the NFL......including Jeremy Shockey and Antonio Gates.

Shockey took Jimmy Graham under his wing in New Orleans last season and he'll do the same with Housler in Carolina.

I believe Housler has the potential to be the "do-it-all" TE head coach Ron Rivera is seeking.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah BBB, but can he be a kicker?

I went with Harvey for the Bengals, the guy just has that it factor, sort of like Zach Thomas, an undersized guy who plays with great leverage and can make a tackle. And with Rivers and Maualuga manning the OLB spots and Jones still having some game, he can sit and learn before being forced into the starting role, unless he earns it of course.

11. CStevenson13

I felt very fortunate to get the two guys i got with the comp picks. Marecic will come right in a be able to open holes for guys as well short yardage running as well as catching out of the backfield here and there. Even if Mcclain is brought back Mcgahee wont be so that makes Mcclain the 2nd RB and he and Marecic will be a nice power I. If Mcclain leaves then we have his replacement.

Friday knows how to get to the QB, we could use him as a passing down guy, as well as special team performer but we desperately need more athleticism and pass rushing and Friday brings that.

12. yeah I had no idea Carpenter was still on the board either. A great pick.

13. Jackson I already picked Kelvin Sheppard for the Buccaneers about 2 rounds ago LOL

14. CStevenson13

I like the pick, Harvey was a sleeper of mine too. He is a good player just a little short and was thought to be too unathletic but he's tested well in the offseason.

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I almost took Housler for the Eagles as they don't have much after a seemingly injury prone Celek, but I think Conte will be a much better SS in the NFL than he was FS in college. He has the motivation and just needs more time and the right coaching. I was hoping Housler would slip, in fact a few of the guys taken right after Conte I was hoping would slip.

Also, AJ, Kelvin Sheppard was gone in the 4th, you are going to have to edit your Bear's pick. You guys are right on the money with a lot of this picks and still overall not too many reaches, I think we are killing this mock.

I would have taken Carpenter ahead of Brewer where I got him and liked the Brewer pick where I got him. If this is how the Eagles actual draft goes, I would be very happy, but I highly doubt they will get Carpenter that late. lol

16. CStevenson13

Good pick for the Browns with Reid at this point, i was wondering how long he was gonna hang around and i didnt have a need for tackles. Had it he much further i just would have took him for the value, i think he eventually is gonna be a pretty good RT.

17. grabbed DE David Carter from UCLA for the Bills. He will make a good 3-4 DE and is very underrated. He had a great game at the east-west shrine game.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sorry about the Sheppard pick fallas. I looked back through the draft before making the pick and totally missed him. I was kind of surprised that he was on the board lol...went with Alex Green instead, good size/speed combo, definitely needs to be coached up to be effective in the NFL but has some potential at this point.

19. CStevenson13

Good pick!, perfect 3rd down back, i was hoping he got to me in the late 6th.

20. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I considered taking Reid last round actually, but I was worried Ugo wouldn't last and I really like him. Very glad he fell and wasn't hard at all to pick here.

I had more trouble with this second 6th, because the only 7th Cleveland has is a compensatory one. I gave up on the concept of trying to fill a need at this point and took Herzlich. He's a risk for obvious reasons, but if he can stay the course he's taken over the past few years, he's got a high upside. I went with a guy I wanted rather than who I think the Browns would take with this pick, because there's two guys still around that they probably want here.