2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Henery wasn't even on my big board in this portion of the draft because I expected him to be gone by then.

I would've considered him with one of my sixth's but I can live with Tynes.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah, I have seen him as high as a 4th round pick. I think his only miss last year was a 51 yarder that was blocked. At this point in the draft it's about as safe as it gets when you consider a lot of these guys won't be making teams.

3. Julius Thomas is another former basketball standout making the switch to tight end.

He has great size and athleticism and could develop into a solid receiver in the Raiders' multiple TE sets along with Zach Miller.

4. Picked up Richard Sherman for ya A.J.

He has nice size for a CB who could also play safety. He has good ball skills and could potentially start across from DRC.

5. Aldrick Robinson wasn't necessarily a need pick but with Steve Smith suffering a serious knee injury and underwent microfracture surgery......Robinson provides much needed depth and gives Eli Manning an explosive playmaker with his 4.35 speed and soft hands.

Robinson can be the No. 4 WR in his rookie year behind Nicks, Manningham and Smith. I don't think Smith will recover in time to challenge Mario for his old No. 2 spot.

Smith was given a one-year tender and that injury cost him his long-term deal and his future with the Giants may be in doubt. Robinson could then move into the slot in 2012 and may eventually challenge Manningham for the No. 2 job.

For a receiver that stands a shade under 5-10 and 185 pounds.....he is fearless going over the middle. He is also very explosive and dangerous after the catch. He averaged 20 Y.P.C. in his senior season at SMU. He is surprisingly strong for a receiver his size with his 17 bench reps at the combine. He's a combination of Steve Smith (Panthers) and DeSean Jackson.

He was very productive in June Jones' run and shoot offense but Robinson is a natural playmaker and can be productive outside a gimmick offense. Jones called Robinson the fastest player he's ever coached.....and he coached the likes of Andre Rison and Terrence Mathis with the Atlanta Falcons.

He can also help out on special teams which was a weak link for the G-Men last season after Domenik Hixon tore his ACL last summer.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

longest piece about a 6th round pick ever. lol

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Another great pick by cpgobrowns, Matthews is great value in the 6th to add to the DE rotation in Denver, i was wondering when he was gonna be taken, i would of myself but i have all 34 teams lol

8. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Thank you sir :icon_cheesygrin:. I was originally thinking DB for them here but Chykie Brown and Richard Sherman went right ahead of me. As I said in round 2, Denver is easy because there are needs everywhere.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Not with Prince ahead of him he won't :icon_cheesygrin:. Good pick though, they do need depth and if he can fill in at FS they can use that too.

10. Totally forgot you drafted Prince at No. 5......but yeah.....he will at least provide depth and his versatility is a plus as well.

He could start at safety whenever Adrian Wilson leaves.

11. Yeah......lol

I only meant to type a couple sentences but then I just kept typing. Didn't want to leave anything out I guess. lol

12. Bucs grab Jaiquawn Jarrett from Temple.

Wow what a great value pick here. I felt like the Bucs could use some competition for Cody Grimm at FS and I found it late here with Jarrett.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I could have sworn he was already picked, I had to look over the picks like 3 times before I convinced myself he wasnt lol.

14. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Im with you, i dont know how i missed him! lol

15. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

It's getting harder and harder to be sure the guy you're looking at wasn't picked

16. A player's selected thread would've been helpful......:icon_cheesygrin:

I did that when I was running the draft in my old Madden League.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's called the first page of the PICK ONLY thread...lol.

18. This thread has become a giant cluster heck with all these pages......

A separate thread would be much easier to access. And it would only be one page.

All the players that are picked would be organized by position and draft selection.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

The very first post in the PICK ONLY Thread has that...AJ has been updating it the whole time...

Not organized by position, but he has the position listed next to the player in the order he was drafted.

20. I know what your talking about.....but what I am saying is instead of scrolling down at the pick thread to look at the updated picks....it would look more like this:

QB:
    Cam Newton (WSH - 10th overall)
    Blaine Gabbert (MIN - 12th overall)
    Christian Ponder (BUF - 34th overall)
    Andy Dalton (SEA - 57th overall)
    Tyrod Taylor (CAR - 65th overall)
    Ricky Stanzi (CAR- 97th overall)
    Pat Devlin (JAX - 182nd overall)

It would be the same for the other positions.