2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I went with Mcelroy for GB, i think he's a good fit for the system, they may eventually try to trade Flynn and maybe Mcelroy can step into his role in a couple years.

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

If I was going for accuracy I would have taken McElroy, something tells me he ends up a Brown

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I bet you 500 vCash that he gets picked higher in the real draft than where I got him here.

4. Make it 1000.......:icon_cool:

5. Really happy getting Tim Barnes late in the sixth round. I've seen his stock as high as the fourth round.

He was one of the better draft prospects this year not to get a combine invite. He is battle tested with over 40 career starts at Missouri and has great size for a center at 6-4, 300 pounds. He has nice athleticism with good strength and quickness.

He played in a spread offense at Missouri and will need more experience snapping directly under center. But he has the potential to start at the next level.....maybe as a rookie. He's versatile, intelligent and a hard worker.....a Tom Coughlin type of player.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Done *handshake*

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I think with how San Diego is going to go into this draft ILB is a spot wherethey can develop someone like Dent. Him being picked here is good value, should have time to develop.

8. CStevenson13

I agree, i think its alot more substance to his game as far as his hand sand his fluidity. His size and speed ratio on top of that gets him picked in the 5th imo.

9. CStevenson13

I would not be suprised at all to see him as a started down the line, i almost took him for KC in the fifth but i liked Fusco's upside a bit more.

10. Picked up Byron Maxwell for ya Adam......he'll provide depth at corner and safety. The Bills could really use help in those areas.

Feel free to change the pick if you disagree.....

11. I love the Maxwell pick and I'm shocked he is still on the board.

I was actually going to look and see if any guys were still on the board that could play CB/FS and you found a great one.

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I have been on the iPad for a few days while I am in San Diego. Works pretty good.

13. We should set up a system for the undrafted free agents.....maybe Vcash for the rights to sign them.

14. Picked up David Arkin for Oakland.

With Robert Gallery leaving via FA......Arkin will provide nice depth at guard and can also play offensive tackle.

15. each team can pick up 2 UDFA's first come first serve?

16. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

We have to finish the draft first. If we don't finish by the start of the real one, nobody will give a heck anyway.

17. Of course it'll be after the draft dude......:icon_cool: lol

18. Ryan Jones is one of the better small school sleepers in this draft.

Jones has good size (5'11, 197 pounds) and great speed at the cornerback position. He was timed as fast as 4.38 at his pro day. He has great playmaking ability.....notching 11 interceptions in the last two seasons and returning two for touchdowns last season. He also has a thick build....benching 19 of 225 pounds and had a 40 1/2 inch vert.

He was named an All-American and was the Division II defensive player of the year in 2010. His technique needs refinement as he relies on his natural ability but that can be coached. His athletic ability can't. With proper coaching.....this kid can be a steal.

19. picked Josh Jasper for the Bucs. They need a great K and Jasper is great. He is very consistent.

20. CStevenson13

I went with Sherman for KC, i think he'd beat out Cox for that job. He's strong as a bull, tough, and he's one of the reason Todman got all those yards plus he will be a special teams standout