2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I took Keith Darbut for my Ravens, he's a D-3 prospect with outstanding measurables. At the Akron combine for small school prospects he had 26 reps, 4.38 forty, 38 inch vert. Had 10.5 sacks this past year, looks good on tape but it is against lesser comp. 7th round project, low risk high reward.

2. I saw one mock that had Darbut going to the Ravens in the sixth round.

His measurables are just eye-popping and it's a risk worth taking in the seventh round.

He'll need to bulk up about 15 pounds because he's currently undersized for a 3-4 OLB at 6'4, 230 pounds.

3. CStevenson13

Definetely, he looks like he has the frame to put on the weight, and the 26 reps are pretty good.

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Went with Kerley as more of a luxury pick here in the 7th, Eagles have really addressed their needs well in this draft and Kerley is a great ST player and is worth taking a fly on this late in the game.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Took Whalen for Chicago, he's one of my favorite players in the draft. Got to see him play a lot being a Bay Area dude, and I just love how he plays the game. Not the most gifted player physically but goes super hard 100% of the time, he's a willing downfield blocker and tough as crap catching passes over the middle. He's also got the reputation as being one of the smartest and most knowledgable guys on the field, and I really think he's going to be a solid contributor at the NFL level as a slot guy ala Welker.

Long writeup for a 7th rounder but I dig the guy. I wish he'd end up in Oakland.

6. CStevenson13

I went with Kearse for GB, i see him as a developmental NT to eventually backup Raji.

7. mike oxlong

I went with Joe Lefeged SS from rutgers

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  8. mike oxlong

nice one AJ, mj pm'ed me this morning after I logged off and said that he won't be around and to take a gunner and I was giong in to pick Raymond and you already did. nice!

cpgobrowns pm'ed me his pick of Hogue. I will make a pick for the Eagles shortly.

9. mike oxlong

I had a couple choices in mind for the Eagles to pick a RB here and ultimately went with Ridley, big guy with deceptive moves, ran one of the better shuttle times and could sneak onto the roster with a great preseason.

10. CStevenson13

I think Ridley was an absolute steal this late! Im with you AJ, Whalen is a guy who doesnt stand out physically in any way but he'll just keep getting open and produce.

11. mike oxlong

Yeah There are several RB's taken ahead of, that I would rather have had Ridley. The Eagles draft is looking real nice to me. Whalen to me seems like a Jason Avant for the Eagles, could be a nice 3rd down/possession guy.

12. There are still a couple of guys left in this draft I'm surprised that are still on the board....I was going to take one of them if Ryan Jones wasn't on the board.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good pick adam...

14. I like Bynes as a backup LB. He could possibly even start down the road.

15. love the pick misfitz

16. mike oxlong

Chris White a possible 5th rounder in the 7th. I'll take that.

17. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

i was looking to nab another tweener and i saw him and how he went to UCF which is where the 49ers Current LB Coach was the Head coach at and recruited Miller and Miller is actually very strong(35 reps) and solid against the run and a good pass rusher not the greatest in coverage but that can be disguised or he can improve it.

18. mike oxlong

went with the Center - Kelce from Cincy for Raiders, Ward is up with Seattle.

19. CStevenson13

X2, as far as need, value and the role he can play i think that was one of the best picks of the entire draft. Thought about him for the Ravens but i went with my upside project in Darbut.

20. Excellent pick.

Miller was one of the players I was looking at in the seventh. I think he could also be a 4-3 blitzing SAM LB.