Falcons Select Alabama WR Julio Jones (Rd.1, No.6)

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 6th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons have selected Alabama WR Julio Jones. Julio Jones was a three-year starter who was awarded all-Conference honors since his freshman season and named an All-American last year. When focused in on his game, Jones can be a one-man show at receiver and looks unstoppable. However, inconsistency remains a significant question. Jones possesses all the tools necessary to be a top receiver in the NFL if he remains focused on the field and plays to his level of ability.

Source: Sports illustrated

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Doesn't scare me at all...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Atlanta gave up a boatload for Jones. I like the selection, but I like Cleveland's half better...1,2,4 in 2011 draft, 1, 4 in 2012. Damn...

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Atl gave up 5 picks to get him. 1, 2, and 4 this year and 1 and 4 next year

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Agreeed....matt ryan can't throw over 10 yards

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

No player is worth giving up your whole draft....cough cough.....ricky williams

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

sounds like an old saints deal.

8. come on guys it was hardly the whole draft. *rolls eyes* you saints fans need to get ready. Imho this move makes atl the favorite to win the super bowl.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

What? Not sure how a rookie receiver makes them the favorites now. Roddy White and Julio Jones will be lethal, but come on.

10. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Was willing to give up some picks on AJ, and the news that Atl was close to having a deal done w/Cinci made me sick, but haven't been sold on Jones. Thought he was overrated for a while.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think it's a great pick for the Falcons. Not sure the price they paid was worth it. Obviously they have the win NOW attitude...but I initially feel like Cleveland got the better end of that trade. What the Browns do with those picks is another question.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I think they could have gotten a better proven wr like lets say Fitzgerald for all they gave up. Know thaey can't pick any defensive help. Which they desperatly need

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Another thing this guy whonisbunpriven will be making mire $$$ than their best wr

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they sold their souls for imo the best WR in the draft...ballsy move but it shows exactly what they want to do

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I see your *rolls eyes* and double it *x2 rolls eyes*.