Reggie Bush...

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by jeffmullins, May 16, 2011.

1. jeffmullins

jeffmullins Rookie

Why is so much ink being wasted on Reggie Bush? The guy's a part-timer at best but you find articles about the guy everywhere.

Don't understand the fascination with this guy.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Maybe....and I'm just spit balling here.....he plays in the NFL?

3. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

A Part timer with more money than you and me, will ever see. And a super bowl ring.

4. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

There is nothing else to report on so this kind of stuff seems bigger then what it really is.

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

A part timer who for the first 9 weeks of the 2008 season led the NFL in yards and TDs....right....

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Dragon, is that the only argument you can use to support Reggie? Lol. Not hating, but that's what you bring up in every argument against the idiot.

I agree, though. Reggie is not worth it, performance wise. However, with the whole USC Scandal, and how hyped he was? That's why the ink is wasted. Plain and simple.

7. jeffmullins

jeffmullins Rookie

I'm not a Bush hater, but yesterday I was at the Times Pick website and they had 5 or 6 articles about the guy.

I couldn't believe it.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's a hot topic with his Twitter posts and there's nothing else going on...

9. Dragonite

No, just nobody seems to remember it. Its ridiculous. I think Saints fans are blowing crap way out of proportion with Reg. I understand why too, we seem to be loaded with good backs, Thomas, Ivory...we drafted another good back too.

Reggie has been injured. It happens. He doesn't suck, if the Saints lose Bush I think they will be shocked at how good he does elsewhere, either as a wideout or as a running back. He doesnt run up the middle, yet he still gets decent yardage and TD's when hes healthy. The problem is his health. HE is a good back.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He's a poor man's Percy Harvin made out of glbutt. It doesnt matter how good he is if he cant stay on the field.

11. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

he is definably the most polarizing saints player since aaron brooks. saints fans love to debate him.

12. Chipper10

Reggie is NOT a good NFL Back. He's TALENTED, yes. A good back, no. I have agreed that if he moves to WR, slot or whatnot..or if we use him on screens, get him the ball on the move out of the backfield, he makes plays. But, as a Punt Returner and as a RB, he's not worth it. Not to mention, his health. He cannot stay healthy, and he can't even TRY to produce if he's not on the field.

No matter what you say, Reggie would have never led the stats for an entire season, period. Of course, we won't know cause he was hurt, but nonetheless.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

actually, in 08 he had 404 yards. If he was leading the league after 9 weeks then the running at that time really sucked. Bush is good at what he does. As a running back he is lacking. Put him outside or in the slot and he excels. If he has to get out of the backfield it is tougher for him. There are very few teams that he can go to and be as productive as he was for the Saints when he was healthy. Which was seldom. The Saints are a better team with him on it but we can survive if he leaves. A few years back I wouldn't have said that but our team is better now.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

15. Dragonite

Since we drafted Reggie he has aside from last year, appeared in most of the Saints games. Including 14 in 2009 and all 16 in his rookie season.

2006 he had 1307 yards total 8 TD's 3.6 YPC and 8.4 YPR in 16 games
    2007 he had 998 total yards 6 TD's 3.7 YPC and 5.7 YPR in 12 games
    2008 he had 844 total yards 6 TD's 3.8 YPC and 8.5 YPR in 10 games
    2009 he had 725 total yards 8 TD's 5.6 YPC and 7.1 YPR in 14 games

Last year he really sucked, he only had 1 TD he only played in 8 games he averaged 4.1 YPC and 6.1 YPR though.

I get it, he had one bad year and now everyone wants to throw him out on his butt. Look, I don't think hes a world beater. I don't think he's a superstar. I think hes a good, not great not amazing running back particularly when healthy. He averages 4 YPC for his career. No matter how you spin it, thats good. I don't think he's worth his current salary. But he is a running back, and a good one no matter how you try to spin last season. EVERY PLAYER GETS INJURED. REGGIE DOES NOT MISS ANY MORE GAMES THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER IN THE NFL.

16. Chipper10

Yet, he's got better stats catching the ball. He's NOT a NFL Style Running back, no matter how much you want to try to spin it. Reggie is a bum as a running back. As A punt returner. It's funny if you look at those stats, how they decline each year. They should be getting better, not the other way around.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

There's nothing impressive about those numbers for the amount of games he's played in. He's a part-time scatback at this point, and a huge bust overall.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good Athlete. Average Player. Poor Twitter-er.

19. Chipper10

LOL. My thoughts also, Ward. I almost mentioned his poor tweeting skills.

20. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Bleacher report lol.