Pippen Says Lebron Could Be Better Than Jordan

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Steve12, May 27, 2011.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think Lebron is better than Kobe. I put Kobe #2 but I don't think he's the best in the league anymore.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Anymore I agree, but i'm not talking about current. I was talking career.

3. Steve12

Oh crap. Yea my bad. Kobe is lightyears ahead of anyone else in the league by career standards. Maybe Tim Duncan is kinda close?

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I disagree I think Kobe is better than Lebron STILL, did anybody watch Kobe play this year. One thing that still comes to mind is his play in the all star game. (granted its an all star game) but the dude was out there having fun and he showed he still got it all he even dunked quite a few times.

Kobe is better than James still for one BIG reason. At the end of the game when you need a three to win it, who do you want taking the shot. Kobe or LBJ? Cause LBJ misses those shots far to much for me to take a chance on him. Lebron is great when his team is down by 7 in the 4th and he goes off for 10 points and 4 assists but if its close with 10 seconds remaining I want the ball in Kobe's hands not Lebron's. Lebron is slightly better than Kobe at all the statistics, but only slightly, Kobe is lightyears ahead of Lebron in terms of winning games when you need it most.

Just my opinion of course I am a "hater" but still.

5. Crowned

Why would you even put hater in quotations?

6. Steve12

Lebron single handedly put the Bulls away at the end of multiple games in that series. He's proven he's a clutch player.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

there is not enough of these -> :laughy32:that i could post to express how wrong you are and how asisnine you are looking right now.

my god man, darren has been making babies.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Ric smeags

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

9. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

First thing is first how can you compare two players that play different positions? Kobe better than Lebron? Doubtful, only thing that Kobe has is rings which hopefully will change soon. James is a better scorer, passer and defender which brings me back to my first question how can you compare two players at different positions?

10. Dragonite

Look at the numbers you fools. Chris Bosh and Shaq have very similar numbers, the only difference is that Bosh is no longer the main guy on his team. He still averaged almost 20 points per game.

Shaq averaged 23 points per for his career and 10 rebounds per.

Bosh is averaging 20 points per and 9.4 rebounds per.

Bosh could very well, and probably will end up with rings, to match shaq, and numbers that SURPBUTT Shaq because unlike Shaq, Bosh plays most of his games. So Bosh will be a better player than Shaq. Look at the damn numbers and tell me otherwise.

James is NOT a better scorer than Kobe and never will be. Kobe is older now but he still averages over 25 PPG most seasons, I doubt LBJ will be doing that when he is Kobe's age cause Kobe is "old"

Look at their career numbers. LBJ averages more turnovers, their PPG numbers are similar even tho Kobe averaged 7 PPG his first season in the league and 11 in his second. Their steal numbers are almost identical. James averages 2 more rebounds and 2 more assists a game which doesn't really make that much of a difference. IF you had to choose between the two in their primes I would pick Kobe. Hell I would pick Kobe now over Lebron in his prime. They STILL have similar numbers and Kobe is older and Kobe actually hits CLUTCH shots.

People get your damn facts straight PLEASE.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Drag, dude just stop trying to justify your comments, it's just getting sad. You tell other people to get off of LBJ's c**k, yet you seem to firmly be all on Kobe's. That whole Bosh v.s O'Niel arguement is just sad, because all you see is what's on a stat line. What you fail to understand is that Bosh is a soft offensive shooter who can't get to the rim with a 6-4 guy in the way. But go ahead and try to justify, because it's really really funny, until it turns kind of sad.

12. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I feel dumber, for having to have read all of your posts.

Number 1. You don't need a stat sheet when comparing Shaq to Bosh. Because one is simply the most dominant big man the game has ever seen, and the other is a soft butt post scorer who definitely is riding off of two superstars coat tails.

Number 2. Pau Gasol WAS soft, until after we lost to the Celtics in the finals. He has not been taken out of a playoff game due to scoring, UNTIL this season, because it hasn't happened until this season, dude has been money every since joining us.

Number 3. Kobe has never single handedly carried any of our teams to the championship. Sure he's one of the biggest reasons we got there and won it, but as I said.. Without Shaq/Gasol, and our Role Players Horry/Fisher/Sasha(freethrows)/Odom/Fox/ hell.. even the energy Marc Madsen use to give us coming off the bench when we was in a drought helped.

Number 4. Screw Jim Rome and his negative thoughts on every single man/woman who brushes their hair the wrong way to where he would be able to find one simple thing wrong with every human being alive.

Number 5. Kobe is better than Lebron, career wise, easily. Anyone who says other wise, is a dumb heck. Kobe was far from clutch this season, won two game winners for us, compared to 9 last season. Lebron's clutchness peaked against Chicago.

Number 6. When Kobe Sucks, the Lakers lose? Like when he scored 11 points against the hornets in the playoffs, and we won that game easily?

Quit being a hater, and if you're going to ride my mans rod, learn the facts and ride it right.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

fixed that for you. :icon_cool:

14. Dragonite

LOL...

Bosh is clearly riding the coat tails of more successful players. LMFAO, oh yeah, I forgot he was never the centerpiece of a franchise in Toronto where he put up huge numbers every season.

LMFAO, I am sucking Kobe's rod, that's because KOBE has actually done something. Kobe has proven himself time and time again in this game. Kobe is one of the most dominant players in history, while I am sure you all are going to rip me apart for this Kobe is the only player better thank MJ and the only one who will ever be better than MJ and I have my reasons for thinking that.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, Kobe never led the team to a title. Bull freaking crap. Kobe picks up the god **mn Lakers every year and puts them on his damn back and gets them through a tough series. Notice, Lebron is passing the ball away when the game is on the line at the end of regulation. He has always done that. Kobe wants the ball. Kobe is clutch. Lebron is a cat.

I said that Bosh will be better than Shaq, and I stand by that belief. Get over it. Shaq is great BECAUSE he scored and he rebounded. Guess what, Bosh does too. By the end of his career Bosh will have more rebounds and more points than Shaq does.

15. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I know what Kobe has, and hasn't done. I'd suck the guys c**k if he'd let me. I'm a lakers fan. I know my team like the back of my hand. I'm not dumb, I know Kobe is clutch. He wasn't this season though. And he's never carried a team, single handedly by himself to a championship. No one has. The closest there has ever came was Allen Iverson, and he happened to run into SHAQ and KOBE. Bosh is an over-rated piece of crap, If a team has no one, its easy to be the best player of that team. /discussion.

16. Dragonite

/If you think Kobe hasn't single handedly won the Lakers championships in the past than you are not a Lakers fan you fool.

/end discussion....

17. Steve12

That was the big discussion on Kobe. He couldn't win a championship by himself. He didn't win without Shaq. And when Shaq left Kobe didn't win until Pau came along.

Plus when he won with Shaq it was widely considered "Shaq's team." So it's debatable if Kobe was even the best player on those teams.

And as previously stated, it's basically impossible for one guy to single handedly win a championship. If that was possible LeBron would have won it a couple years ago in Cleveland. Everyone needs at least a great 1-2 punch.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Steve how dare you make sense

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

19. Crowned

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It's almost getting sad for Drag, but for now I still laughed until I had to piss. It's never easy to debate players and abilities with a stat reader. Bosh is not that good of a rebounder, Mike Miller, Mike freaking Miller is a better rebounder than Bosh. But please keep reading a stat line to make an arguement. My sides need stitches.